2016: Meet America's new Cover girl!

Cop

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hr0nbp.jpg

Beauty contracts have long been a brass ring for celebrities: acknowledgment of their rising profiles that also provides additional income and the chance to tap wider audiences.

So what does it mean that CoverGirl’s latest face (joining the ranks of Zendaya, Katy Perry, Pink and more) is … a boy? And a noncelebrity boy at that?

He is James Charles, 17, a high school senior from Bethlehem, N.Y., who lives with his parents and a younger brother and does makeup for friends in his spare time (at no charge). In the past year or so, Mr. Charles has amassed nearly 600,000 followers on his Instagram account and more than 80,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel, where he posts tutorials for creating fake freckles or layering chunky glitter around the eyes.

Breaking with the tradition at many of the nation’s schools, students at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School will adopt a gender-neutral homecoming court this year, moving away from the longtime practice of electing a boy as “king” and a girl as “queen.”

Students in each grade will vote for two classmates from a ballot of finalists, with the top vote-getters crowned at the school’s homecoming football game. It’s a change that means those honored at halftime on Oct. 7 could include two boys, two girls, transgender students or a boy-girl duo.

“It provides an opportunity for all students to be involved in something that was exclusionary,” said Jacob Rains, president of the schoolwide Student Government Association. “It is really not our job, especially with a gender-neutral and transgender population at B-CC, to tell people that boys have to be kings and girls have to be queens. Who are we to put people into those categories?”

"It was Homecoming Night at my high school

Everyone was there, it was totally cool

I was real excited, I almost wet my jeans

'Cause my best friend Debbie was Homecoming Queen

She looked so pretty in pink chiffon. (Chiffon)

Riding the float with her tiara on. (Tiara on)

Holding this humongous bouquet in her hand. (Bouquet)

She looked straight out of Disneyland!

You know that Cinderella ride

I mean definitely an E-ticket. (E-ticket)

The crowd was cheering, everyone was stoked

I mean it was like the whole school was totally coked or something.

The band was playing 'Evergreen'

Then all of a sudden, somebody screamed:

Look out! The Homecoming Queen's got a cock!!!

The Homecoming Queen's got a cock!!!

The Homecoming Queen's got a cock!!!