Meeting your credit card spending bonus

IAG

Got that Chase Sapphire Reserve that everyone was raving about. Now I have to figure out how to spend $4k on it in 3 months. Since my local doesn't take VIsa, need to think of some ways to spend some money without buying stuff that is -ev, or that I don't need.

Wish I had it when that platinum deal was going on last week, that is how I met another bonus. Obviously I'll use it for groceries, and daily expenses, but I need a few big ticket items. I have property taxes due soon, but hefty fee for paying on a card. Ideas on spending money without really spending extra money?

Do you have a Costco near you?  If so, get a membership if you don't have one and stock up on things that you are going to use/need anyway for the next few months.  That will take a nice little chunk out of it.  Pay every bill you can with the card (unless they charge a fee for doing so).  Do your Christmas shopping.  Hmmm... what else...

Do you have a Costco near you? If so, get a membership if you don't have one and stock up on things that you are going to use/need anyway for the next few months. That will take a nice little chunk out of it. Pay every bill you can with the card (unless they charge a fee for doing so). Do your Christmas shopping. Hmmm... what else...

I do, but I belong to Sam's. Easy to spend a lot there, but $4000.,,,that's a lot of toilet paper, etc. I have most of my bills set up thru ACH.....

I'm changing homeowners insurance I think. I could pay that for a year, and just get a prorated refund check from prior company.

Buy silver, precious metals. Pay health insurance. Ask friends if they could use your card and give you cash.

Pretty sure insurance had to be ACH, I don't have many local friends, and the ones I do want their own points. The metals make sense if they make sense. I'm planning to take the points and cash out a dime. The annual fee is $450, so only $550 net...if MM sees another good eBay deal would consider it, but I think the big sellers charge a fairly big fee for cc payments. I think grocery gift cards would be the way to go if I can do that.

Pretty sure insurance had to be ACH, I don't have many local friends, and the ones I do want their own points. The metals make sense if they make sense. I'm planning to take the points and cash out a dime. The annual fee is $450, so only $550 net...if MM sees another good eBay deal would consider it, but I think the big sellers charge a fairly big fee for cc payments. I think grocery gift cards would be the way to go if I can do that.

I needed to charge 2K on my new SW airlines credit card, I did use my credit card for house and car ins, no problem. It could depend on the ins co though.

How does fanduel and draftkings work? I know you can deposit with a cc, can you withdraw via PayPal?

No idea. the last time I used a card for a book, the bank took away my card...ATM ate it lol...I have been afraid to deposit anywhere with a card since then. Had to fight to get my debit card back, and I'm sure I was flagged for,life.

I needed to charge 2K on my new SW airlines credit card, I did use my credit card for house and car ins, no problem. It could depend on the ins co though.

I know I can for car and home insurance, but didn't know about health insurance. I didn't think I could, but I will check as that is $500/month. Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult I'm just day-to-day things, but it's just me and don't go out that much anymore.

I just found a site for cc bonus mile whores, so I will look on there....I'm sure they have some good ideas. If I run across anything really good, I will report back.

Car registration, auto insurance, maybe?

I recently got the same card, along with 3 other cards and am in the same situation :laugh

Lol. I waited on this one til I got my Amex bonus requirement completed. Several years ago I did several at once like you and it was a scramble to try to spend all the money simultaneously.

I have an older car and only liability, so it's not that much. Maybe it's time for a new car..lol....Everything has already been paid recently it seems. I have a tax bill due here in a couple days but I think IRS intermediaries charge quite a bit for a transaction fee.

I use my card for car insurance, health insurance and pretty much everything but rent and car payment.

4k will be ez for me.

I think it will be for me also. Hell my pet food would probably be close to a dime for three months. The little things add up...just have to make sure I use that card for everything. Whatever the difference is I will just buy Sam's or grocery cards if that is allowed and fees aren't too bad.

I think it will be for me also. Hell my pet food would probably be close to a dime for three months. The little things add up...just have to make sure I use that card for everything. Whatever the difference is I will just buy Sam's or grocery cards if that is allowed and fees aren't too bad.

I don't know anything about fan duel Gabe so no idea there..

Buy bitcoins?

I have never dealt with bitcoins, but I would imagine it's a good idea for those who do.

Looks like Amazon doesn't charge for their gift cards. I can always do that and grocery cards. I don't know why I thought that buying gift cards didn't count. AMEX gift cards didn't count for AMEX bonus or something. Not sure where I got that idea.