Jalen Hurd is transferring

Blue

Thought it would happen this spring, when it didn't I hoped he'd move to TE, but he refused. Jennings almost killed him after the SC game for refusing to go in, he's young, he's delusional about who he is and he can't stand seeing Kelly and Kamara outperforming him every snap, now he is going to change positions. He's been a problem since last year, he's an atrocious teammate but I'm not going to rip him too much, he helped recruit the first class, he's just immature. Quitting is pathetic, but I hope he finds success, it's awful when he's on the field, he knows that. They changed some stuff in the bowl annihilation of the big ten powerhouse NW just to keep him around this year until Kelly was ready, which he clearly is. If he would have moved to TE he'd probably be among the top 2 in the country.

Thought it would happen this spring, when it didn't I hoped he'd move to TE, but he refused. Jennings almost killed him after the SC game for refusing to go in, he's young, he's delusional about who he is and he can't stand seeing Kelly and Kamara outperforming him every snap, now he is going to change positions. He's been a problem since last year, he's an atrocious teammate but I'm not going to rip him too much, he helped recruit the first class, he's just immature. Quitting is pathetic, but I hope he finds success, it's awful when he's on the field, he knows that. They changed some stuff in the bowl annihilation of the big ten powerhouse NW just to keep him around this year until Kelly was ready, which he clearly is. If he would have moved to TE he'd probably be among the top 2 in the country.

So not surprising? I obviously don't follow the team like you do but I thought this would come as a surprise to Vol fans? Explain to me his issues.

So not surprising? I obviously don't follow the team like you do but I thought this would come as a surprise to Vol fans? Explain to me his issues.

Ha no not at all people have been counting it down. I'm not a fan of ripping kids. But I'll sum it up a bit.

He bitches that the system isn't good for him, that's the crux of the problem. He wanted to run from the I-formation so we implemented a bit of that v NW but haven't used it much this year and he's using that as justification to leave, even though he's quitting, refused to come in on a play that ended up costing the team the game, he's not liked by teammates, he's not going to remain a RB, he refused to move and now wants to move, he isn't fournette but thinks he is, he got embarrassed in the UGA game when he loafed into the end zone, fumbled, and UGA got the ball when Tennessee should have had a TD. He inserted himself into a play he wasn't supposed to be in on later. He's just the proverbial team cancer, he puts out workout videos jumping on treadmills at 23 mph which is dangerous and useless - he is not about the team and when Kamara went off v AM he was done. He thought he'd have the Tennessee rushing record by now, but he turned into Tennessees 3rd RB by the 2nd half of the SC game. He's not very tough mentally, he's in it for the attention, so being benched is just beyond what he can tolerate and he's quitting instead of running behind a teammate. Kamara is back next week, he's not going in to be 3rd in front of his 25 gfs.

There are other problems, Butch is a douche, but this one is all about Hurds mental weakness at this age.

On volquest many of the people close to the team predicted he'd be gone after last season, it's been a countdown and Butch didn't try to convince him to stay. In the team meeting last night they had a festivus airing of grievances and our alpha WR almost took jalens life. I don't wish harm on anyone but that would have been...interesting. Jennings was recruited as a QB, told the coaches he wanted to play anywhere, and is now our best WR and he bullies people all over the field for his teammates. Jennings would have done some brutal things to Jalen. I hope Hurd gets his shit together, he's got too many gifts to be so soft mentally, this will crush his draft stock. He thought he'd go in round 1, I don't know why.