Russ vs KD Round 1: Who ya got?

Timely Hitting

Fact is, Durant doesn't like to bang down low. He doesn't like the physicality. For his size and athleticism, he's not a great rebounder by any stretch.

Russell is a better rebounder and a better passer. Durant a better shooter.

Impressive a skinny guy like him is leading GS over Dray in rebounding to me

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point in a game with these bums on the floor do you hear yourself saying... man, I wish Russell would have passed that to Sabonis instead of attacking and trying to score?

lol, i guess same way other players do. He's #1 in usage rate by a huge margin this yr

lol, i guess same way other players do. He's #1 in usage rate by a huge margin this yr

He's also #1 in PER so why use anyone else if he can do it and not breakdown? Next best player on the Thunder in PER is Enes Kanter at 44th in the NBA.

We'll see if he tires and breaks down as the year goes on. His minutes have been managed well, so I'm hoping not.

They're tied.

And that impresses you but not a 6'3 guard outrebounding 95% of the leagues 7 footers, and out rebounding some of the games best rebounders? Your anti-Russell bias is showing.

Yeah, that's impressive. He's just not a top guy for me like he is for others

Never change, RussyPoo!

Tell me you guys saw his 8th turnover of the night? He caught the impound pass under the hoop and proceeded to take maybe 5-6 steps forgetting to dribble in the process.

(Fwiw, I'm with Timely. Russ top 3-5 player in the NBA)

Haha the worst part about it was the refs waiting so long to call it

Never change, RussyPoo!

Tell me you guys saw his 8th turnover of the night? He caught the impound pass under the hoop and proceeded to take maybe 5-6 steps forgetting to dribble in the process.

(Fwiw, I'm with Timely. Russ top 3-5 player in the NBA)

I woudlnt be against timely if thats what he was stating though

He says Russ is the best player in the league, tahts where we differ. I have no problem putting Russ as a top 5 player. But id take Lebron clearly #1, and KD comfortably over Russ. 

Then Russ/Steph/Davis/Leonard all very close, then Harden is tough to figure. Amazing year but still idk about someone that plays as shit defense as him. In the playoffs that gets abused

He says Russ is the best player in the league, tahts where we differ. I have no problem putting Russ as a top 5 player. But id take Lebron clearly #1, and KD comfortably over Russ.

Then Russ/Steph/Davis/Leonard all very close, then Harden is tough to figure. Amazing year but still idk about someone that plays as shit defense as him. In the playoffs that gets abused

Based on this year only

#1 KD

#2 Russy

#3 LeFlop

#4 Harden

#5 Unibrow

LeBron obviously guy I'd take in playoffs pal but russ the most productive/best player during this season.

LeBron obviously guy I'd take in playoffs pal but russ the most productive/best player during this season.

You do realize Lebron could do this every night to? Averaging a TD?

He's getting older and preserves himself. He has stretches where he takes plays and quarters off for that matter. He's worked so hard to get Love involved that he passes up layups at times. He understands the game so well.

Lebron, undoubtably is the best player in the game and best player ever. In the playoffs guy is an absolute savage. He raises his game to an even higher level

It is ridiculous to not have him as your best player, just like bagofqueerdnuts has. But he's same guy who said steph

Is top 5 of all time last year.... lol.

But, Russ's effort is unbelievable. Every night the guy goes as hard as he can. He's definitely top 5 player. I slot him 2. It's asinine for anyone to put KD top 5, imo. Guy was MIA in playoffs in okc and half of his shots now are dunks and open 3s.

Bron is 1. By himself

2-5 harden Leonard russ AD

Harden is basically doing EXACTLY what Russ is, but his team is doing even better. The rosters are very comparable.

Olidepo is very good. Adams is solid. Kanter is excellent offensively.

Gordon is a great shooter. Ryan Anderson is okay. Ariza is okay. Beverly is nice to have.

Teams are similar and Harden has HOU t3 in West, that's nuts

Lebron had his shot to do it...Years 3-7 in Cleveland. He wasn't in "preserve his body" mode back then when he was playing 40 minutes a game. But was practically in the same exact spot as Westbrook, being the only guy on the team and needed him to do everything.

Yeah and he took his team to finals, ECFs.....

Harden been amazing but comparing those rosters deem is laughable.

The rockets are built perfectly for d'antonios system. With the exception of capela/Harrell everyone on that team can space the floor and knock down the three.

OkC started three guys last night who can't score or create. Roberson is a great defender but might be the worst offensive player in the game. Sabonis isn't ready and Grant is all athleticism, little game.

Oladipo just isn't as good as I thought he'd be either.

Kanter is dreadful defensively still which is why he doesn't start but his offensive game is smooth.

Oladipo was also out for 10 games so there was no second option. This OkC team is giving minutes to Payne and Kyle singler for God sakes.

Houston has more talent and is built perfectly for their coach. Not comparable at all. Although I do think harden is a top 5 player as I've said all year, and is second for the MVP right now.