A vote for Johnson/Weld is not a wasted vote

MonkeyF0cker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a friend of a 3 and 4 star General and they both stated were done as a country with Killary. OK I served a career in the military and seen a lot.

This is the end point if she wins.

I'm tired of the constant fear mongering on both sides.  It's time for a third party to step in and get something done for the good of America - things that aren't quarterbacked from special interests.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  Continuing on with the two party system truly is insanity.

So, are you saying that a more Presidential candidate cannot come out of the Libertarian Party next election? Or do you just love the divisiveness and corruption of the establishment which has managed to put forth two of the most hated candidates in American political history?

I'm sure there's a reason nobody has actually argued against the premise of the thread.

I'd enjoy it but we have failed to find a way to interact with any reasonable level of class, you can put that on me, I'll put it on me, but you defined insanity and I don't care to muck up your thread with monkey and mo bravado. I am interested in reading and seeing what I may be able to extract from the conversation. I have respect for the Monkey.

How much influence do you think the President has on how the next 8 years of the average persons life will go? What do you think of a 3rd party presence in the other branches of government.

You've posted much more to belittle Hillary as a candidate than you have Trump, why is that? You hit Hillary supporters hard while bypassing the trump supporters.

I don't view the likelihood of Hillary having a catastrophic impact on the world near that of Trumps. His lack of composure would leave us much more vulnerable imo, but you see it differently of course. I view these candidates as "original" and "dog shit", if likening them to flavors of gum. If you don't think the difference between Donald and Hillary is distinct - I don't see how you think Johnson would distinguish himself from the others. Many people with great intentions get into lower levels of government and lose the character we thought made them different once they get to Washington, why would Johnson not fall victim to the same things people with much less power/prestige do?

You'd rather the country be represented by Johnson than Hillary or trump but, other than a label (libertarian) that misrepresents the entirety of that ticket, what is there to trust? He didn't manage the economy particularly well in his state. Clearly he's got very little understanding of foreign policy. His response when asked about global warming was, honestly, embarrassing. Whose mind is he going to change to rid us of obstruction in congress? What can he do on his own? He doesn't prepare for very simple questions you could have answered in 3rd grade, I think that says something about how seriously he takes the position but you blow it off. He hasn't been vetted to any extreme and he really struggles to come off as competent. That's not hate, it's what many see. He seems very nice, but I don't see him as an agent for change in the system, his record doesn't show much innovative thinking and his running mate is a regular old politician like the rest you want to get away from.

I'd like someone who takes climate change seriously. I'd like someone who knows, from day 1, what the people who hate us are capable of. I'd like someone who knows the world and this country intimately if one is running and supported by a President I admire a great deal. Naive or not, I trust Obama more than just about anyone else and I don't know many who think Johnson would be a competent president. Of the people on the planet who have an idea of what it takes to be the President, how many think Johnson would be the best of these 3? I know you don't think he will win, but he is who you wanted, I don't see what he brings other than a lack of opportunity to win the nomination for a major party and thus becoming the darling of a party he doesn't actually align with. Is he turning down big money or just not offered it? Bernie turned down money, he's a Democrat, is he bought and paid for? Must it be a 3rd party candidate? Do you not understand why some believe trump is capable of more harm than anyone else we've seen nominated and think voting to keep him out has value? Is that just complete ignorance to you or can you see some validity in that? Is there no social value to the country electing the first woman? A lot of people who served (politically) - who I respect a great deal, like Elijah Cummings, think Hillary is the easy choice. There is value in the opinion of a man like that for me.

I think Ralph Nader caused a lot of harm to the world as a whole.

Respectfully,

Mo didley

My biggest concern is the selling out of the middle class in America.  Without the middle class, America becomes a third world country.  It's my belief that both parties are to blame for a host of issues that have damaged our economy and future for years to come.  I don't believe either candidate from the major parties will be good for the middle class.  The middle class will be squeezed by spending on the poor from Hillary and squeezed on tax breaks for the rich from Trump.  Hillary and Trump are the most hated candidates in the history of American politics because that's how divided the country has become and I feel that is by design.  I don't rail on Trump because he does enough damage to himself as it is.  Nothing I can say could ever have the impact that he has with his own words.  My vote for Johnson comes down to bringing a third party to the table now and in future elections.  I don't think he's the greatest candidate in the history of the world, and I believe, because of that, someone will supplant him in the next election.  If the Libertarian Party is able to get funding and put together a legitimate candidate in the next election, it's a success in my opinion.  The two party system makes it easy to divide the population and get people fighting and defending the indefensible while excuses are made for corrupt politicians' abhorrent policies and behavior.  It helps keep those politicians in office.  More choices enable voters to vote for moderate, sensible middle ground policies and a third party President probably has a greater likelihood of bridging the gap between the two major parties and getting something done through compromise.  If both major parties became obstructionists during a third party Presidency, that third party would quickly become a major party.  From my perspective, a vote for Johnson has no downside as I cannot vote for either candidate from the major parties in good conscience.  So, I vote in the hope that it will help affect change in the future.

So, are you saying that a more Presidential candidate cannot come out of the Libertarian Party next election?  Or do you just love the divisiveness and corruption of the establishment which has managed to put forth two of the most hated candidates in American political history?

I'm sure there's a reason nobody has actually argued against the premise of the thread.

oh..i thought you were asking about today's election

Ask me again in 2020