Big anti Trump protest planned for tonight in NYC

Cop

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChrisHarvard

Tractor riding, dirt bike muddin', alligator wrasslin', deep woods hunter, cabin in the mountains, dip chewin' hillbilly, CH checking in.

Timely you dumb pric! You got buried here, I hope you can at least cook rock.

So it causes more money hoarding, no?

Takes more money out of the economy, no?

Aren't we supposed to be promoting the spending of our earnings to put money back into the economy in different avenues?

Yeah maybe but I don't think people will all of the sudden stop buying things. Who knows?

Yeah maybe but I don't think people will all of the sudden stop buying things. Who knows?

The argument for lowering taxes across the board is to promote more spending putting more money back into the economy.

If you follow that tax break up with a consumption tax you are defeating the purpose of lowering taxes across the board in the first place. You are then promoting money hoarding and not spending. I don't think you can lower taxes across the board and then implement a consumption tax. They would be conflicting.

I understand what you're saying, and income tax is a real pain but if you want to restore infrastructure and etc taxes are really the only way to go about doing that on a federal level.

That would be awfully hard on the new car market. That would incentivize thrift.

When gas goes to $4 a gallon people don't stop driving. They need fuel, they pay.

Same goes with new vehicles. People will bitch and moan but they will pay the extra taxes.

I understand people hate paying taxes but in reality, if someone can afford a $20+k vehicle then they will find a way to pay the tax.

Besides, the whole point of taxes was to tax people's hard work. Taxes are totally unnecessary.

Land owners had lots of property but no means of income except to work it themselves. So they let people live on the land and they taxed the harvest. That is why you have taxes today.

Taxes are unnecessary? Huh?

So how do you propose we pay for things like the military, roads, schools, and everything else?

When gas goes to $4 a gallon people don't stop driving. They need fuel, they pay.

Same goes with new vehicles. People will bitch and moan but they will pay the extra taxes.

I understand people hate paying taxes but in reality, if someone can afford a $20+k vehicle then they will find a way to pay the tax.

People do drive less when fuel prices go up. More take busses and trains. Sales of high mpg vehicles go up as well