time to get a new lap top, what you think of this one?

sleepy

Does anyone here ever use Fry's... Promo code Friday's... About a year ago, they had a Vizio 65 inch TV 4K listed for $599 and in small print it said to call for promo code.. Being an old fuck, and not keeping up with the times, I thought about it and thought ok how am I going to get fucked here?

So I called the number, and the lady said if I purchased before midnight to enter this code at check out, I did and it gave me $200 dollars off the $599... Bought it and they delivered it the following Tuesday... Great deals sometimes... Works great, no problems.. So far..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want a computer to last 10 years?  It'll be slow as fuck by then.

Our whole family has MacBooks.  The oldest one is about 8 years old.  The one Im typing on is the newest and about 2 years old.  Not one issue with any of them.  The oldest one runs just as fast as it did when we bought it.  

So many issues with PC's when we used to own them.  Never again. 

Our whole family has MacBooks.  The oldest one is about 8 years old.  The one Im typing on is the newest and about 2 years old.  Not one issue with any of them.  The oldest one runs just as fast as it did when we bought it.  

So many issues with PC's when we used to own them.  Never again. 

Yeah.  As fast as when you bought it is the key.  That equals slow as fuck today.  I could upgrade 4x in the meanwhile and still save money.

I'd rather have the upgrade every couple of years over an old piece of shit Mac with closed architecture.  But it's obvious you're not a computer person if you had so many issues that you couldn't solve.

Macs are for people who don't know shit about computers.

Yeah.  As fast as when you bought it is the key.  That equals slow as fuck today.  I could upgrade 4x in the meanwhile and still save money.

I'd rather have the upgrade over an old piece of shit Mac with closed architecture.  But it's obvious you're not a computer person if you had so many issues that you couldn't solve.

Just sharing my own personal experience with laptops pal.  No reason to get in a pissing match over whats better.  

We love our Macs.  And won't be going back. 

No knowledge?  That is incorrect.  Limited knowledge?  Absolutely.  

Like anything shared on this forum, I think sleepy is smart enough to look over the opinions in this thread and use what he thinks is helpful.  

Usability and knowledge are not the same thing.

Just because people can drive a car doesn't mean they know shit about them.

Usability and knowledge are not the same thing.

Just because people can drive a car doesn't mean they know shit about them.

Sure.

But Ive had numerous issues with PCs over the years. And zero with MACs.

People can take that for what its worth. You obviously think its worth zero.

So move along. No reason to get the blood pressure up over something so silly.

Why would you want a computer to last 10 years? It'll be slow as fuck compared to other machines by then.

I'll take the upgrades instead of paying a premium for a closed system piece of shit like a Mac.

I strongly agree with this post.

Just learn how to move all the contents of your current machine into a thumbdrive and then install it into your new model every 2.5 to maybe 4 yrs maximum.

Apple merits a lot of commendation for various aspects of their business model but their insistence on mostly closed OS make them too frequently impractical, especially if you are someone who uses your machine as an office and/or are a frequent traveler

Sure.

But Ive had numerous issues with PCs over the years. And zero with MACs.

People can take that for what its worth. You obviously think its worth zero.

So move along. No reason to get the blood pressure up over something so silly.

Yea I get it.  I buy macs for the wife so she doesn't break them/need help with it every 5 seconds.  But, i can't even figure out how to fix something when she does need it.

I can take bad beats like a champ but the one thing I have a hard time with is when teams suck and you can see your going to lose 2 minutes into the game. It was last years UNC/Baylor bowl game when all Baylor's QB's were hurt and they were using the wildcat the whole game and were going to be no threat to pass the ball. I thought UNC defense could slow a one dimensional team down a little bit. I was dead wrong. Every running play for Baylor broke for 10 yards minimum. Something had to be sacrificed and it was the lap top. Baylor proceeded to rush for 700 yds in the game and since that game I just refuse to bet on UNC ever again.

Bwahah I had an experience with the Rockets and Charles Barkley in particular similar to this, except that his goofy ass dribbled out the clock for something like 8 seconds as I needed a basket to cover as he and the ref shared a laugh. Haven't touched NBA since and won't again. That pissed me off for about a week. 

Very glad to hear your laptop survived, haha. 

Salud.