Wonderful news for those battling severe depression: magic mushrooms!

sugardaddy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/science/2016/05/17/Magic-mushrooms_3136506a-large-large_trans++2oUEflmHZZHjcYuvN_Gr-bVmXC2g6irFbtWDjolSHWg.jpg

A hallucinogenic chemical found in magic mushrooms has successfully lifted severe depression in previously untreatable patients.

Scientists at Imperial College London induced intense psychedelic trips in 12 people using high doses of the banned substance psilocybin.

A week after the experience all the volunteers were depression-free, and three months later five still had no symptoms of the condition.

Published in the Lancet Psychiatry Journal, the study welcomes the results as “promising, but not completely compelling".

Its authors are now seeking further funding from the Medical Research Council and other bodies to carry out fuller trials.

They conceded, however, that the use of a placebo control, a crucial component of thorough clinical trials, would be difficult as it would be obvious who was having a hallucinogenic experience and who was not.

The psilocybin is believed to cause relief from depression by targeting receptors in the brain and disrupting the Default Mode Network, which is responsible for sense of self and is overactive in depressed people.

However, the scientists did not rule out that the psychedelic trip could have caused an “awakening”, of the kind achieved by spiritual teaching, which also helped lift the depression.

To read the rest of the story go here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/17/magic-mushrooms-lifts-severe-depression-in-trial/

LOL.

I've never tried mushrooms. I did some low-doseage LSD in college on occasion. Looking back, I'm surprised I did that, It's good to be young and fearless.

I did both, mushrooms didn't seem to last as long and I laughed a whole lot more on mushrooms. I mean like almost pissed my pants I was laughing so hard. Mushrooms are fun but I remember my stomach being fucked up for a couple days after. Not worth it. I am too old now ! Lol

This is not new information to me, maybe others. 

I have experienced first hand the post-mushroom benefits.  Refreshed, re-energized, motivated, uplifted, happy, renewed. 

All humans should use them once a year. 

Never felt like shit the day after, ever.  Always felt amazing like I was freshly born.  

Rarely ate them though, always made a tea. 

Guest pocketrockets

This is not new information to me, maybe others. 

I have experienced first hand the post-mushroom benefits.  Refreshed, re-energized, motivated, uplifted, happy, renewed. 

All humans should use them once a year. 

Never felt like shit the day after, ever.  Always felt amazing like I was freshly born.  

Rarely ate them though, always made a tea. 

+1

100% agree

have not used them in 3-4 years, which might explain my shitty moods

Interesting. Would not be adverse to trying in the right conditions. Then again I know people who have used too many psychedelics and are now legit schizophrenic. Risky.

My former colleagues at http://maps.org are on the forefront of research regarding the responsible application of psylocybin for PTSD, clinical depression etc

Deliberate and careful use of this and also pharmaceutical grade MDMA can work wonders, but both are recommended in extremely moderate doses spread many weeks or even a couple months apart.