Current record: 48 wins - 41 losses - 5 pushes for +2.60 units
Current BEST BET record: 5 wins - 4 losses - 0 pushes for +0.60 units

WAYNE ROOT

MILL--Denver -
No Limit--Cleveland +
Perfect Play--New York Jets +
-------------------
Inner Circle--Tampa Bay +
We are watching Jameis Winston mature into a decent quarterback and it's showing in the win/loss column. Winston has made major progress in limiting his turnovers after throwing eight interceptions in the Buccaneers' first four games and a 1-3 start. He has thrown just two in the last six games, and the Buccaneers have gone 4-2 to claw back to a .500 record. The Bucs have to be rejuvenated. Tampa Bay is just one game behind Atlanta for the NFC South lead with six games to play and with a win today could move into a tie as Atlanta is playing Arizona. Seattle has a vulnerability against the run and will be without top safety Earl Thomas. The Seahawks are struggling with injuries at running back, getting starter Thomas Rawls back but with limited depth behind him. The Bucs are coming off an unexpected win in Kansas City as a important win moving forward. The Bucs certainly are capable of winning today, and for Seattle, travelling across the country is never easy. Tampa wins a close one today. Roberto Aguayo's late field goal is the difference. A win over Seattle makes the Buccaneers’ 2016 NFC Playoffs push a serious one. Seattle is coming off consecutive victories over Buffalo, New England, and Philadelphia and could be in for a less than stellar performance. 
-------------------
Pinnacle--Arizona +
Did you realize that the Arizona Cardinals are playing great defense? But it's not showing in the win/loss column. When thinking of Zona, Carson Palmer and scoring comes to mind. But Palmer is struggling as are his wide receivers and running attack. The Cardinals get Tyrann Mathieu, their playmaking safety, back this week after he missed the last two games because of a shoulder subluxation. His addition could make the league's top-ranked defense, which is allowing a league-low 287.4 total yards per game as well as the fewest passing yards per game (190.2), that much more dangerous against Matt Ryan's Falcons' team. But Sunday may be just what is needed to get Palmer back on track. The Falcons are 31st against the pass and have yielded 23 touchdowns through the air, 30th in the NFL. The Cardinals are a heartbeat away from having any realistic chances at playoff contention so they have to stop QB Ryan. Pass rushers Chandler Jones, Markus Golden and Alex Okafor should be effective in their pass rush of Matt Ryan if the Cardinals are going to win. The Falcons are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games at home. On more relevant trend is that the Falcons are 1-6 SU in their last seven games as home favorites. Arizona has the talent to kick-start their sense of desperation and get the victory.

Northcoast
STAR RATED PLAYS:
GOM: 4* NY Giants -6.5 over Cleveland 1:00 pm
3* Baltimore -3.5 over Cincinnati 1:00 pm
3* Houston +2.5 over San Diego 1:00 pm

Top Opinions:
Sunday Night Marquee: UNDER 39 Kansas City / Denver 8:30pm NBC
Arizona +4.5/+4 over Atlanta 1:00 pm NFL Dog POD & comp on button 3
OVER 48.5 Carolina/Oakland 4:25 pm Afternoon Pro POD

Reg Opinions:
Miami -7.5 over San Francisco 1:00 pm NFL Chalk POD
OVER 45.5 Seattle/Tampa Bay 4:05 pm NFC POD
Jacksonville +9.5 over Buffalo 1:00 pm AFC POD

Steve Merril
(3% play) SAN DIEGO -2.5 -115 (at Houston) - 1:00 pm ET #251

San Diego is just 4-6 SU on the season, but the Chargers should have a much better record. Their first four losses all could have been wins, but they lost each one of those games late after having fourth quarter leads. San Diego has a huge scheduling advantage over Houston in this game. The Chargers come into this game fresh off their bye while the Texans will be playing on short rest after a game in Mexico on Monday night. San Diego’s offense is averaging 29.2 points per game on 5.9 yards per play versus defenses that allow just 23.8 points per game on 5.7 yards per play. The Chargers will take advantage of a Houston defense that was clearly gassed from the high altitude in Mexico City.

Houston comes into this game with a 6-4 SU record, but the Texans may not be as good as their record indicates. Houston’s offense is only averaging 18.1 points per game on 4.8 yards per play versus defenses that allow 22.2 points per game on 5.7 yards per play. Five of Houston’s six wins this season have come 7 points or less, and that is a clear indication that the Texans are a mediocre team at best. Their defense has good seasonal numbers, but they’ve faced a weak slate of opposing offenses that only average 22.8 points per game on 5.7 yards per play. Houston’s defense is taking a big step-up in class against the potent San Diego offense. The Chargers are simply the better team, so we’ll lay the points in this game on Sunday afternoon.

Play CHARGERS (-) as a 3% play.

-------------------

(3% play) CAROLINA +3.5 -115 (at Oakland) - 4:25 pm ET #269

Carolina comes into this game with a 4-6 SU record, but the Panthers have been a much better team since their bye five weeks ago and they are now an underdog for the first time this season. Carolina has won three of their last four games with their lone loss coming by just 3 points to the Kansas City Chiefs. Overall, Carolina’s offense is averaging 24.4 points per game on 5.5 yards per play versus defenses that allow 23.5 points per game. On the road, the Panthers have been even better while averaging 26.0 points per game. Carolina will now face a poor Oakland defense that is giving up 28.0 points per game on a whopping 7.4 yards per play and 9.9 yards per pass at home this season.

Oakland is in a terrible scheduling spot for this game against Carolina. The Raiders will be playing on a short week after beating the Texans in Mexico on Monday night. Oakland was clearly a gassed team from the high altitude, and on short rest, we don’t expect the Raiders to be at their best in this game, especially since the Raiders went into their last game off a bye. Overall, Oakland’s offense has good seasonal numbers, but they will now face an improving Carolina defense that has held their last four opponents to 20 points or less. Carolina is catching Oakland at the perfect time, so we’ll take the Panthers plus the points in this game on Sunday afternoon.

Play PANTHERS (+) as a 3% play.

-------------------

(3% play) OVER 47 (Patriots/Jets) - 4:25 pm ET (time-change) #273

New England and New York match up well for a high-scoring game this afternoon. The Patriots have scored 23 points or more in nine of their ten games, and 30 points or more in five of their ten games this season. Overall, New England is averaging 27.1 points per game on 6.2 yards per play versus defenses that give up 22.6 points per game on 5.7 yards per play. The Patriots’ offense has been even better on the road where they are averaging 30.8 points per game on 6.3 yards per play. New England will now face a New York defense that is allowing 24.4 points per game on 5.7 yards per play versus offenses that only average only 20.9 points per game on 5.6 yards per play.

New York’s offense has struggled this season, but they’ve faced a tough slate of opposing defenses that only give up 20.8 points per game on 5.6 yards per play. The Jets come into this game fresh off their bye, so we expect a strong offensive performance this afternoon. New York will face a New England defense that has faced a terrible group of opposing offenses that only average 21.6 points per game on 5.6 yards per play. The Jets’ offense is more than capable of scoring points as prior to their last game, they had scored 23 points or more in three consecutive games. Look for a high-scoring game between the Patriots and Jets on Sunday afternoon.

Play OVER (Patriots/Jets) as a 3% play.

-------------------

(additional opinion)

(1% opinion) DENVER -3.5 -105 (vs. Kansas City) - 8:30 pm ET (time-change) (NBC) #272

Kansas City comes into tonight’s game off a bad 19-17 home loss versus the Buccaneers last Sunday. The Chiefs were 7-point home favorites in that game, and their offensive struggles were on full display. Kansas City has scored 20 points or less in three consecutive games, and overall, the Chiefs are only averaging 22.2 points per game on 5.6 yards per play versus defenses that allow 25.1 points per game on 5.9 yards per play. Kansas City will now face a Denver defense that is only giving up 18.2 points per game on 4.9 yards per play at home this season.

Denver comes into this game fresh off their bye, so we expect a strong performance tonight. The Broncos have won three of their previous four games after losing back-to-back games prior to that. Denver has an exceptional defense as noted above. Overall, the Broncos are only giving up 18.9 points per game on 5.1 yards per play versus offenses that average 25.7 points per game on 5.8 yards per play. Kansas City will have trouble moving the ball consistently, so we’ll back Denver in this game on Sunday night.

THE GOLD SHEET'S FOOTBALL LTS 

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27 

NFLTOP CHOICE 1 1/2 units "OVER" 44 1/2 points SAN FRANCISCO at MIAMI 10:00 AM PST (Game #261-62)
HOUSTON +2 1/2 -home over San Diego 10:00 AM PST (Game #252)
BUFFALO -7 1/2 -home over Jacksonville 10:00 AM PST (Game #256)
"OVER" 44 points NY GIANTS at CLEVELAND 10:00 AM PST (Game #265-66)

Spartan 3* Rabid Dog 

Analysis: I see some 7.5 spreads out there but the vast majority as I post this are at 7. If you can get the hook then that's a beautiful thing. I suspect some locals will have it set there anticipating Saints action. Two teams with identical records and too many points being shouldered here by the Saints. I know, this will not be a popular release either. They usually aren't but one thing I have going for me is nobody can complain about the results. These plays have been hitting far more often than not. Yes, the Rams blew one last week, yes, it was some brain dead football the last few minutes. The Rams and Chargers might be the most baffling teams in the league this season. But I see the Rams doing what they seem to always do, battle in a tough and closely fought game. I will take the points here and run. Jeff Fisher has thrived in the role of the underdog in his career, Fisher's team rarely gets blown out. I am willing to take the points and make the Rams our Triple Star Rabid Dog.

Ben Burns

11/27 11:00 AM CB (719) KENT STATE VS (720) NORTHEASTERN (11/27 05:31 AM) 

Take: (720) NORTHEASTERN 

Reason: I'm playing on NORTHEASTERN 8* PERS FAV. This game (in Boston) ends a stretch of four road (or neutral site) games in the first seven to start the season for the Flashes. After this, they return to the M.A.C. Center for four games from Dec. 2-18. While the Flashes have been playing relatively well, thats a fairly gruelling schedule out of the gate. I expect it to cattch up with them here. Dave Coen's Huskies already have an outright upset of UConn under their belts, so they're no slouches. Coincidentally, yhey caught the Flashes off a game against Wofford the only other (2009) previous time that these teams met. The Huskies won and covered that game (played at Santa Clara) and I look for them to do so again this afternoon. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/27 10:30 AM CB (733) IOWA STATE VS (734) GONZAGA (11/27 05:36 AM) 

Take: (733) IOWA STATE 

Reason: I'm playing on IOWA STATE 8* MAIN EVENT. Both these teams are playing well out of the gate, both worthy of their rankings. I really like what I'm seeing from the Cyclones thus far though and I expect them to "leave it all on the floor" this afternoon. Iowa State coach Steve Prohm has said this of his team's effort here: "Resilience, leadership and character of our seniors. The thing that people question about us — our toughness and our defense — I thought that won games for us." Indeed, the Cyclones have been diving all over the floor. Iowa State's Naz Mitrou-Long had this to say about how his team feels: "This tournament means everything." They're 11-6 ATS as underdogs the past 2+ seasons and I expect them to step up and earn AT LEAST another cover here. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/27 03:05 PM NBA (709) LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS VS (710) INDIANA PACERS (11/27 05:40 AM) 

Take: (710) INDIANA PACERS 

Reason: I'm playing on INDIANA 10* BEST BET. While the Pacers will be without Paul George, I believe that they're offering excellent value here. Obviously, George is a great player and he makes the Pacers a much better team. That said, they've been pretty inconsistent and have under-achieved to start the season. In that type of situation, learning how to play and win without its star can often help a team. While the competition (Nets) was admittedly on the weak side, the Pacers played great without George last time out, earning a 21-point win over Brooklyn, a win which should provide them with plenty of confidence. Coach Nate McMillan said this after that win: "Tonight is what I feel we can become. I told the guys we can't go back. We can't keep going back and forth. We've got to build off of this and establish our identity." The Clippers proved beatable last time out, stumbling at Detroit. Knowing that this is their last home game for awhile and that they'll face these same Clippers again on their upcoming road trip, I expect the Pacers' best effort and for that to result in AT LEAST a cover. 

11/27 10:00 AM NFL (253) TENNESSEE TITANS VS (254) CHICAGO BEARS (11/26 09:31 AM) 

Take: UNDER 

Reason: I'm playing on Chicago/Tenn. UNDER the total 10* BLUE CHIP. Considering that Chicago is averaging less than 16 ppg and that Bears' games arae averaging less than 40 ppg overall, I feel this line will prove to be too high. After last week's 22-16 loss at NY, the Bears have now seen four of their past five games produce fewer than 40 combined points. Meanwhile, after a string of high-scoring games, the Titans came back to earth last week, a 24-17 loss at Indianapolis. Games here in Chicago are averaging a mere 34.2 points, the UNDER going 3-0-1. In three games here, dating back to the beginning of October, the final combined scores have been 31, 33 and 30. Going back further finds the UNDER at 13-6-1 the last 20 games played here. I'm expecting another defensive affair. 

11/27 10:00 AM NFL (255) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS VS (256) BUFFALO BILLS (11/26 09:39 AM) 

Take: (255) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 

Reason: I'm playing on JACKSONVILLE. While the Bills just want to get back above .500, this game figures to have some extra meaning for Jags' assistant head coach Doug Marrone. He essentially walked out on the Bills and this is his first game back. While the fans haven't forgotten, most Bills' players don't seem to resent Marrone too much. If it has an effect at all, I expect the "Marrone factor" to favor the Jags, in terms of motivation. Either way, I don't feel the Bills should be laying such a big number. They're only 1-3 their last four games and they haven't beaten an opponent by more than four points in well over a month. While they haven't been winning, the Jags remain competitive. Their last three games have all been decided by seven or fewer points. Look for the Jags to give the Bills all they can handle, Jacksonville improving to 3-1-1 ATS its last five as a road underdogs in the +7.5 to +10 range and Buffalo falling to 8-12 ATS its last 20 as a favorite overall. 

11/27 10:00 AM NFL (263) LOS ANGELES RAMS VS (264) NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (11/26 10:43 AM) 
Take: (263) LOS ANGELES RAMS 

Reason: I'm playing on LA 10*. While they still came up short, I like the way that the Rams played with Goff under center. While the offense admittedly still struggled, I liked what I saw from Goff. He wasn't asked to do too much - but he executed and did what was asked of him. Goff was playing with a wet ball but didn't turn the ball over, never lost his composure, and gave the Rams a chance to win. Fisher said afterwards: "I'm really proud of him." As for Goff, I agree when he said: "Game experience is priceless." While its only one game, I expect Goff to have benefitted from the experience of being involved in a close game. Weather won't be a factor this time and he'll be playing at a venue where visiting teams have averaged 32.6 points and 406 yards per game. The Rams, who have seen five straight games decided by seven or fewer points, are 2-0-2 ATS against other teams with a losing record, going 8-3-3 ATS their last 14. With the Saints, who have seen six of seven decided by six or less, just 7-17-1 ATS the last 25 times that they were favored, I'm grabbing the points. 

11/27 10:00 AM NFL (265) NEW YORK GIANTS VS (266) CLEVELAND BROWNS (11/26 10:40 AM) 

Take: (266) CLEVELAND BROWNS 

Reason: I'm playing on CLEVELAND 8*. Admittedly, it'd be easier to do a writuep on the Giants. NY has won five straight while Cleveland hasn't won in ages. I'm only interested in which team covers though, not an 'easy writeup.' In this case, I expect it to be Cleveland. Sure, the Giants have won five straight. However, a closer look at those five wins reveals that NONE of them came by more than seven points. The Giants won those five games by an average of only 4.6 points. In fact, an even closer look shows that NY hasn't won a game by more than seven points this entire season. While the Giants have covered two of three so far this month, November has not been kind to their backers over the years. Indeed, the Giants have won just 40 of their last 100 November games overall, going a money-burning 35-61-4 at the betting window. Look for them to have their hands full the entire way here. 

11/27 01:25 PM NFL (269) CAROLINA PANTHERS VS (270) OAKLAND RAIDERS (11/27 04:51 AM) 

Take: (269) CAROLINA PANTHERS 

Reason: I'm playing on CAROLINA 10* BEST BET. While I won with the Raiders last week, this is a tough spot for them. First of all, even though I had them, I don't mind saying that the were Raiders were a little fortunate to leave Mexico with a win and cover, as they didn't play particularly well for most of the game. Regardless, they're now playing on a short week after just having played outside the country, in a very difficult/challenging environment. They'll be facing a Carolina team which is desperate, talented and playing with extra rest, having played last Thursday. As of this writing, most shops have an O/U line of 49.5. With the Raiders just 1-10 ATS the last 11 times they played a home game with an O/U line of 49.5 or higher, I'm taking the points with Carolina. 

11/27 05:30 PM NFL (271) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS VS (272) DENVER BRONCOS (11/26 01:30 PM) 

Take: (271) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 

Reason: I'm playing on KC 10* GOW. The road team won both meetings in this series last season. The Broncos won 31-24 at KC in September. Then, playing at Denver, the Chiefs returned the favor. Listed as +3.5 point underdogs, the Chiefs won by a score of 29-13. It was never close, as KC led 19-0 at halftime. While it was more the defense that won it, that was still a big win for Alex Smith as he'd previously had trouble beating Manning. Now 2-0 ATS their last two visits here. Smith and the Chiefs should feel right at home. The stats from both teams are very similar. The Broncos average 23.9 ppg, while KC averages 22.2. Both teams allow just under 19 ppg. KC allows 18.7, Denver allows 18.9. Even with a loss last week, the Chiefs are still 5-1 their last six games. That lone loss came by two points. While the Chiefs have allowed 19 or fewer points in four straight games the Broncos have allowed 19 or more in three straight, including 30 and 23 their last two. I'm taking the points. 

11/27 04:35 PM NHL (61) CALGARY FLAMES VS (62) PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (11/27 05:45 AM) 
Take: (62) PHILADELPHIA FLYERS 

Reason: I'm playing on PHILADELPHIA 8* PERS FAV. The home team won both meetings last season and I look for home ice to prove the difference in this one. The Flames, still playing without Goudreau, are averaging a mere 2.1 goals per game (28 shots) on the road. The Flyers fire 33 shots per game on home ice, averaging 3.2 goals here. Off b2b losses, look for the Flyers to be the hungrier team here and for them to ultimately come away with two points