Is anyone even close to Russell in the NBA today?

Timely Hitting

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are getting too wrapped up in the counting stats. The guy is incredible and doesnt stop competing, no taking that away from him

Lebron and KD are still the two best players in the NBA, prob with good distance between them and #3. 

Russ has the ball in his hands all game every game, the stats will come from that. Watch OKC play, its pretty much Russ takes it up and either shoots, drives or drives to pass. When he does give it up along the perimeter and the guy doesnt shoot right away they give it right back to him. 

If Lebron or KD played the entire game to get stats like theyd theyd both average triple doubles all season as well, but theyd be lesser players.

Part of it is necessity, Russ doesnt have tons to work with especially in terms of creators. He has some good players (his team is miles better than the 07 Cavs team that went to the finals) but other than Oladipo none of them can create anything for themselves, so i grant him that. But simply keeping a level head that yes if the ball is in your hands 90% of the time you will get a tons of stats

Yeah, i agree.  Not sure why 100 shots a game and 42% shooting is impressive to people.

Rebounds and assists are but 30 shots for 30 points is zzzz

24 shot attempts, 31 ppg.

Same points per attempt as Kyrie.

Russell is 45th in the NBA in PPS. Not elite, but certainly not bad and given his workload and the amount of bad shots he's forced into from time to time, it's pretty good. He is ahead of plenty of stars.

24 shot attempts, 31 ppg.

Same points per attempt as Kyrie.

Russell is 45th in the NBA in PPS. Not elite, but certainly not bad and given his workload and the amount of bad shots he's forced into from time to time, it's pretty good. He is ahead of plenty of stars.

Cle would be better off with Kyrie than Westy bud. 48% FG and 43% from 3 both >>> Westy

Cle would be better off with Kyrie than Westy bud. 48% FG and 43% from 3 both >>> Westy

So FG% is more valuable than points per shot?  

How does that even make sense. Who cares what the percentages are.

Getting to the foul line puts the other team in foul trouble too which is valuable. 

No chance Cleveland is better with Kyrie than Russell. That's crazy talk. 

No doubt it's impressive but let's not act like Russell and lebron swapped places and Cavs would be better or anywhere near as good

This is true...But Lebron wouldn't be having the statistical season of Westbrook.

Lebron will forever be the best player in the league.

Not sure if Timely is actually calling him the best player or just in awe of the stats he's putting up, something we'll likely never see again.  Unless Ben Simmons is really that good.

pts per shot is meaningless for a ball hog.  He either shoots it or gets fouled about every other trip down the court.  

You and Cee have to be the first person I've ever seen that says drawing fouls is meaningless.

Probably the most valuable attribute of an offensive shot creator is drawing contact, getting to the line, and putting the other team in the bonus.

You and Cee have to be the first person I've ever seen that says drawing fouls is meaningless.

Probably the most valuable attribute of an offensive shot creator is drawing contact, getting to the line, and putting the other team in the bonus.

I never said that tho, i just don't jerk off over these volume shooters people pretend are unreal.

Bron and KD are way better than westy to me like Tripper said

So what you are saying is defense isn't important when grading who is the best player in the NBA? Gotcha.

No, I think it matters... but when you dominate the offensive end of the floor to the extent of someone like Harden you will not be docked as much for your shit defense. When you carry the burden offensively, a less than maximum effort defensively is more forgivable.