Christmas present ideas

IAG

with everything going on I have not even begun to think about Christmas. I have not bought a single thing. Not a present, not a card, nothing. I may not,

I'm guessing some of you are procrastinators also. If anyone has unique gift ideas, or just wants an opinion on something, let's hear it,

My neighbor mentioned this. She got it for both her parents. We grow up hearing that we are part German, part Irish, whatever. This gift from ancestry.com allows you to spit in a tube, send it in and it will give you a more detailed breakdown of where your roots are. Apparently it also can link you with people from the same DNA or something. I haven't really looked into it too much, but doesn't sound like a bad idea for someone who has everything and might be interested in genealogy. Page gives a lot of info.

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/

http://www.clarisonic.com/holiday-gift-sets?cm_mmc=LabeliumSearch-_-GoogleBrand-_-Brand-_-clarisonic&c3api=8135,166036753188,clarisonic&gclid=CNLm7-Lz9tACFUZWDQodaPsEHw

Women love the Clarisonic. Might not be a good idea if you are newly dating, or your lady friend is sensitive about aging, but this thing is awesome.

They also have a pedicure one which I received as a gift. I would not recommend that one unless your wife/girlfriend already does extensive pedicures at home. In the alternative, a spa gift certificate is always nice with a menu of their services. Don't cheap out though. Most of these places are very spendy, so if you are only looking to spend $50, don't do this. $50 in a nice spaI won't even get you a 45 minute massage.

https://www.tillys.com/product/UGG/Boots-+-Booties/UGG-Bailey-Button-Triplet-Womens-Boots/Black/166323100

Some people are adverse to UGGs, but I got these in black last year and soooooo. comfortable. I would wear these around the house and outdoors. They run a little big if anything as far as size.

I was skimming and though Billy Sink wrote this. Really made me laugh.

Just to clarify I thought I saw Billy's name somehow

why avoid coach purses?  mrs milwaukee has 3 and really likes them, wouldn't get any other brand

I knew I would get questions on that.

Coach used to be a big deal. They were somewhat cost prohibitive at $300 and up, so you didn't see them everywhere, In my opinion they have become a bit passé. There have been so many knock offs that they no longer hold any real exclusive appeal, which let's be honest, is the only reason to spend that kind of money on a purse. They are definitely quality, but they have jumped the shark.

Found this

http://www.city-data.com/forum/fashion-beauty/2035618-holy-crap-coach-out-style-am-4.html

Shit, I took too long on my reply and it wouldn't let me edit. I had just added that if your wife likes them, nothing wrong with buying her one obviously. They are quality purses, but I would avoid the ones with the logo over them. That's just me.

A great place it to buy purses is T.J. Maxx. I got a $700 Cole Hahn purse for three or $400. Obviously that is still a lot of money for a purse, but I have worn it for five years, and still get compliments on it all the time.

Now that my income has decreased, I refuse to spend that kind of money on a purse, at least for time being. However, if it will last for years, certainly a good investment for most people. I tend to not like to switch out my purse is often, so I basically have one for spring/summer and one for fall winter. If you only need two, easier to justify spending more on a bag.

On a sidenote, I think anyone that would buy a Birkin bag should be shot.

Shit, I took too long on my reply and it wouldn't let me edit. I had just added that if your wife likes them, nothing wrong with buying her one obviously. They are quality purses, but I would avoid the ones with the logo over them. That's just me.

A great place it to buy purses is T.J. Maxx. I got a $700 Cole Hahn purse for three or $400. Obviously that is still a lot of money for a purse, but I have worn it for five years, and still get compliments on it all the time.

Now that my income has decreased, I refuse to spend that kind of money on a purse, at least for time being. However, if it will last for years, certainly a good investment for most people. I tend to not like to switch out my purse is often, so I basically have one for spring/summer and one for fall winter. If you only need two, easier to justify spending more on a bag.

On a sidenote, I think anyone that would buy a Birkin bag should be shot.

yeah she doesn't get the tacky coach purses, and we're not part of the in-crowd... boston store here (like a macy's) lets you use $20 off of $50 rewards cards on coach, and my wife gets tons of those coupons... so a $400 bag on sale for $300 is really $180 after using the coupons

versus 10 or 20 years ago when brands like that wouldn't go on sale and they wouldn't let you use coupons on it

i always thought spending extra money on a jacket or purse or shoes made more sense since they get worn a lot more often... as long as we get them for a good deal (i'm an accountant after all)

yeah she doesn't get the tacky coach purses, and we're not part of the in-crowd... boston store here (like a macy's) lets you use $20 off of $50 rewards cards on coach, and my wife gets tons of those coupons... so a $400 bag on sale for $300 is really $180 after using the coupons

versus 10 or 20 years ago when brands like that wouldn't go on sale and they wouldn't let you use coupons on it

i always thought spending extra money on a jacket or purse or shoes made more sense since they get worn a lot more often... as long as we get them for a good deal (i'm an accountant after all)

Yeah that's a really good deal. I haven't been hard-core shop in a while, but I remember all the big department stores would always iexclude coach, Ralph Lauren, and some other names from any of their coupons discounts. Good to know they have done away with some of that.