guys stick with teams you're familiar with & have actually watched/capped

Guest ChrisHarvard

Guest ChrisHarvard

What I notice is guys have such a hard on for action, they will bet on any game because "it's football".

this is foolish. If you've spent all season watching your conference, stay away from these petty, monday detail-type bowl games. You're out of your league and you don't know what you're doing.

Why do you think NHL guys mostly bet NHL? Because they know they're in a much more winnable, predictable situation than Panhandle State vs McNeese in a meaningless football bowl game.

Know your stuff.

How many of you ding bats are wagering on these games when you might as well be betting white shirts vs gray shirts? 

And just remember this, when guys like Tripp were slapping their rooster watching DOOK vs UNC,  I was watching Dunk City at La Salle. I was watching the Toppers at Detroit Mercy. I was watching Southeast Missouri State at Missouri State.

I love money more than I do entertainment. I like demolition derbys, the circus, carnival games, as much as the next guy. At the end of the day, it's about getting AHEAD.

Avoid your "fan boy", entertainment stuff and just stick to what you know.

Otherwise just bet $30 a game blindly and be an angry pric like bullysink. You go for broke on this nonsense you're going to wind up broke.

just one PROs advice to another...and anotha' one.

Sincerely,

CH the gambling forum dot com

Guest ChrisHarvard

oceanlab has a point.

there are a lot of guys that literally, bet "for the fun of it".

And i'm not even joking. So, if that's the objective...than, heck? Great!

I just can't wrap my head around that concept but I guess it makes sense for some.

People collect stamps, watch birds, do woodworking, all without hoping for monetary gain.

It's a very interesting concept, for sure.

There's a heck of a poor "B" movie called Shallow Hal, it has a gambling reference for about 5 seconds in it & I really get a kick out of it every time.

Both characters are on a bridge, a nature walk or whatever...

(Paltrow) says she gambles on dog races and the ponies.

(Jack Black) says he bets a little on NFL but doesn't really care if he wins.

(Paltrow) "oh really? I've never read that book."

(Black) "what book?"

(Paltrow) "things losers say".