What's the most expensive gift you bought this X-mas...

KingRevolver

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Srs Q.

I know a lot of people who frequently get new vehicles. My dad is a good example, he'll get a new truck or jeep and drive it for a few years and then trade it in and get a new one again.

My question is why?

I've been driving the same piece of shit for 6 years and it still only has 81k miles. (Paid in cash) I intend on driving it until the engine explodes.

I can't imagine having to pay for a new car every few years.

Some people think a car is a status symbol when in actuality it's really a diminishing asset

Srs Q.

I know a lot of people who frequently get new vehicles. My dad is a good example, he'll get a new truck or jeep and drive it for a few years and then trade it in and get a new one again.

My question is why?

I've been driving the same piece of shit for 6 years and it still only has 81k miles. (Paid in cash) I intend on driving it until the engine explodes.

Not sure. Maybe piece of mind? Like when the warranty is about to expire... They buy a new one? I don't know.

Not sure. Maybe piece of mind? Like when the warranty is about to expire... They buy a new one? I don't know.

My dad does it because hes like a chick IMO. 

I don't get it though because he never drives anywhere.  He's one of those guys who likes to "have nice things" but then never even uses them. 

Makes no fukin sense pal

Srs Q.  

I know a lot of people who frequently get new vehicles.  My dad is a good example, he'll get a new truck or jeep and drive it for a few years and then trade it in and get a new one again. 

My question is why? 

i hardly drive but trade in cars every couple years with 10k miles on them... mrs milwaukee's usually have 30-40k or so

it's not having to worry about anything, just gas and go

used car prices have been super high the past 10 years, and i get the write off so it really only costs about 60% of the small difference between driving a new car and driving an older one

Srs Q.  

I know a lot of people who frequently get new vehicles.  My dad is a good example, he'll get a new truck or jeep and drive it for a few years and then trade it in and get a new one again. 

My question is why? 

Don't know.  My parents always paid cash for their cars and kept them forever.  They still do and they could afford to get new ones anytime.  I've done the same.  My car is 4.5 years old and has 30k miles.  Probably have it forever.

Don't know.  My parents always paid cash for their cars and kept them forever.  They still do and they could afford to get new ones anytime.  I've done the same.  My car is 4.5 years old and has 30k miles.  Probably have it forever.

same here. Car is about 5 years old. Just turned over 27k miles. Probably have it forever also. Who wants a car payment