Trump tweets / We save billions

Cop

It appears the so-called 'Twitter-spanking' approach of president-elect Trump is working. First Carrier, then Ford, and now, following his earlier jab at Lockheed's F-35 costs by asking Boeing to price-out a comparable F-18, Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson has reportedly given Trump her "personal commitment" to "aggressively" drive down costs of the F-35 program. The question is what was the quid-pro-quo in this instance?

Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson speaks with Trump, says she "gave him my personal commitment" to drive down F-35 program cost "aggressively"

As yet again Trump appears to have won. It is perhaps no wonder though given that 78% of Lockheed's net sales were from the US Government.

So your biggest customer - by a country mile - is putting pressure on you to cut costs or he will cease his purchases of your biggest revenue producer to your biggest competitor... what would you do?

Maybe having a "dealmaker" in The White House won't be so bad after all?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

President-Elect Donald Trump has struck again, this time with Boeing Corp.

Boeing had come under Trump’s scrutiny when he discovered two Air Force One jets, planned for unveiling around 2023, would exceed a $4 billion price tag.

But after meeting with Trump, the Boeing CEO said he would bring the jets in for well under the $4 billion price tag.

“We’re going to get it done for less than that, and we’re committed to working together to make sure that happens,” said Dennis Muilenburg, after the meeting at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida.

It appears the so-called 'Twitter-spanking' approach of president-elect Trump is working. First Carrier, then Ford, and now, following his earlier jab at Lockheed's F-35 costs by asking Boeing to price-out a comparable F-18, Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson has reportedly given Trump her "personal commitment" to "aggressively" drive down costs of the F-35 program. The question is what was the quid-pro-quo in this instance?

Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson speaks with Trump, says she "gave him my personal commitment" to drive down F-35 program cost "aggressively"

As yet again Trump appears to have won. It is perhaps no wonder though given that 78% of Lockheed's net sales were from the US Government.

So your biggest customer - by a country mile - is putting pressure on you to cut costs or he will cease his purchases of your biggest revenue producer to your biggest competitor... what would you do?

Maybe having a "dealmaker" in The White House won't be so bad after all?

Sounds great, but where is the excess saved cash going?

Hopefully it's put to good use.

More liberal cranial explosion

Dear Mr. Trump,

Please accept my warmest Christmas and New Year greetings.

Serious global and regional challenges, which our countries have to face in recent years, show that the relations between Russia and the U.S. remain an important factor in ensuring stability and security of the modern world.

I hope that after you assume the position of the President of the United States of America we will be able — by acting in a constructive and pragmatic manner - to take real steps to restore the framework of bilateral cooperation in different areas as well as bring our level of collaboration on the international scene to a qualitatively new level.

Please accept my sincere wishes to you and your family of sound health, happiness, wellbeing, success and all the best.

Sincerely,

V.Putin

Amen to that. Us wealthy don't need no stinking medicare.

I'm somewhat ambivalent on that one.  I prob won't be in this country when I'm 65 so really dont need to pay for other peoples, but it's not really that bad, my parents have it and they could afford something else if it existed.  Social security though,  cut the fuck out of that.   15k tax every fking year even when i lived in Colombia.  fk that.

You will be getting more Medicare not less. US Healthcare system and health insurance will collapse in the next 20 years. Trump is bringing forward Medicare for All by 10 years. People's benefits are going to get hacked and they are going to want it,

As you know, I know this works better, but fk it I'd rather they blow it the fuck up and everyone has to pay infinite.  Just cut my fking taxes.