Saw late showing of ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY last night

HenryHiII2

Going to the movies alone all the time must suck Henry.

Well, at least you enjoyed the movie.

Went with my girlfriend who is FOR SURE hotter than whatever pig you call your wife/girlfriend. also went with her brother and another couple. Very fun,close happy group of 5 of us who decided to go the movies after family christmas gatherings ended.

nice try pal. Next.

Hate to contribute to a Henry thread but it's about Star Wars so I'll chime in.

Thought it was very well done, worst part were the needless cameos and references...and Vader's dad joke line about choking. The very end with Vader destroying the Rebel troops was fantastic, although really he could have just used the force to bring the plans to himself but you always have to suspend belief with Star Wars films.

The ending was not what anybody expected but it fit and was pretty well done. I'm glad they didn't try to make it any more of a love story, and I would have liked to see at least somebody make it out of there, but overall I give it an 8.5/10.

Hate to contribute to a Henry thread but it's about Star Wars so I'll chime in.

Thought it was very well done, worst part were the needless cameos and references...and Vader's dad joke line about choking. The very end with Vader destroying the Rebel troops was fantastic, although really he could have just used the force to bring the plans to himself but you always have to suspend belief with Star Wars films.

The ending was not what anybody expected but it fit and was pretty well done. I'm glad they didn't try to make it any more of a love story, and I would have liked to see at least somebody make it out of there, but overall I give it an 8.5/10.

It was darker than I expected. Liked how they didn't go with some bs reason for letting everyone live...clearly they were all going to die from the very beginning and I liked how they did it...also disagree, I liked the tie ins and references to the originals bc I didn't feel they were forced but done the right way...liked how the last 20 mins leads right into the first scenes of "A New Hope" I thought that was done seamlessly. 

Its the trend now with all these movies to harken back to the originals for nostalgia purposes. These last two star wars movies over the last year were sooooo much better than those stupid "prequels"lucas did in the late 90s/early 2000s. Same with Jurassic Park, made a bunch of dumb sequels before they smartened up and made Jurassic World basically an extension of the original  Jurassic Park and it was the best one since the original...thats the right formula, if you can do it "the right way" of course...