OT: Anyone here make money delivering food for Postmates or DoorDash?

KingRevolver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the worst day of my food delivery career yesterday.  I was so fuckin' pissed that I didn't even want to write about it.

First off, all tips from this week (only worked two days) are still pending.  And not only for me but everyone else, as well.  WTF?  Postmates knows about it, but they've yet to fix the issue.

So, anyway, yesterday I started around 1:00 PM and ended around 4:00 PM. In that BUSY time, I only completed three orders.  The first one was to a placed called Speedy Street Tacos.  I get there and tell them I'm picking up order 271 (arbitrary number since I can't remember).  That's the way it's always done.  This fuckin' broad yells at me, "NAME?!"  So I tell her the customer's name.  She then goes, "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU WITH?  WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT DELIVERY SERVICE!  YOU HAVE TO TELL US!"  And, I mean, she was really screaming... I was like WTF?  How about simply asking me instead of yelling at me?  I started shouting back at her and told her not to ever give me a fuckin' attitude or there was going to be a problem.  Anyway, this broad ended up making me wait like 25 minutes for my steak burrito.  The customer wasn't very happy that it took long to get his food @ SPEEDY Street Tacos.  :gun

After that horrendous delivery, I get another ding to go to Speedy Street Tacos again.   I'm thinking, "No way in hell..." so I skipped the order.  Two minutes later, another ding from the same place.  I skipped again, and this time the app asked me why I was skipping orders from there, so I wrote succinctly what I just told you guys.

My second order ends up being a place called Stingray Sushi.  I love delivering Sushi and Thai food because they're usually big orders from Libtard Yuppies, and they tip way better than Angry Trumptards.

I pick the order up, pay for it using my Postmates Visa.  I go to the car and start trying to finish the process-- I have to take a picture of the receipt and manually type in the cost amount.  So I do that, but the Postmates app isn't accepting it.  It's just giving me the spinning circle effect.  Over and over.  I restarted the app, restarted the phone, everything.  It was not letting me send them the info.  I WAS PISSED!  It took about 30 minutes.   Anyway, so it finally goes through, and I get the delivery address... get there... and the customer was obviously not pleased at the amount of time it took, but it wasn't my fault.  This is a known issue that I've looked up, but there's no real solution out there.  Postmates is fuckin' ridiculous letting these glitches occur.  The customers won't blame Postmates for this, they'll blame the driver.

I stuck it out with one other delivery... and that one went OK... but was just so pissed about everything that I decided to go home.

I'm sure my rating is going to be FUCKED this week.