Liberalism has ruined football

Sol Aristatel

so this entire thread is about a missed call, and not some liberalism "concussion."

When Diabler loses an argument, he just pretends he said something completely differently than he said.

you get ejected in college for "targeting" which is a blow to the head or neck, or leading with the crown of your helmet which is not how you tackle and is not safe for anyone involved. Here is the definition of "targeting:"

By rule, every targeting foul is reviewed by the instant replay official. Up to this point, the replay official's role has been to verify whether the forcible contact was with the crown of the helmet or was struck at the head or neck area of a defenseless player.

So if you have a problem with targeting, you apparently are a liberal who believes in "concussions." 

Amazing that this guy truly believes he's "educated."

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to lose faith in you William.  I'm really trying to keep the faith. You are making it hard.   :laugh

I'm 100% on board with the promotion of safety and the enforcement of it.  No question about it.  Are you following?  Because Ive said it like 4 times already.

I'm arguing against kids getting penalized for making a hard hit.  Thats exactly whats happening with some of these calls and its bullshit.  Textbook tackle.  Exactly as taught.  And flagged 15 yards and ejected.  Kids are getting flagged for simply playing football.  A brutal sport with brutal hits.  And its dumb.  

You can't have it both ways.  You can't argue that hitting someone is dangerous, then promoting the game at the same time.  If its truly dangerous, then nobody should be playing it.  If not, then let the sport be.  Flag the reckless hits to the head that are blatant and can be prevented.  But flagging a kid for simply playing the game is beyond retarded. There has to be a line somewhere before this turns into flag football.  And I think the line has been crossed recently with these calls. 

Worst is when they go to replay and the guy clearly did not lead with the crown and they still uphold it. This is just what wimps do. You put football coaches in charge of rules and they are going to wimp on you.

Football has been getting wimped down for a long time. These rules are the least of the problem. Letting a QB chunk the ball out of bounds instead of getting sacked. Tuck rule. Pass interference for 40 yards. Teams have like 30 balls to play with. It's raining. You get one ball. Play with it. It's football. F'in coaches.

False.  Its about the new rules and the enforcement of the rules.  Rules that are in place now because of the pussy liberal agenda.  

Not surprised you can't figure it out. 

No, they're in place because decades of football players sued the NFL for being lied to by their college coaches, doctors and their NFL coaches, doctors and trainers for decades which led to a life after football that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

so this entire thread is about a missed call, and not some liberalism "concussion."

When Diabler loses an argument, he just pretends he said something completely differently than he said.

you get ejected in college for "targeting" which is a blow to the head or neck, or leading with the crown of your helmet which is not how you tackle and is not safe for anyone involved. Here is the definition of "targeting:"

By rule, every targeting foul is reviewed by the instant replay official. Up to this point, the replay official's role has been to verify whether the forcible contact was with the crown of the helmet or was struck at the head or neck area of a defenseless player.

So if you have a problem with targeting, you apparently are a liberal who believes in "concussions."

Amazing that this guy truly believes he's "educated."

Disabler HIGHLY educated. Just ask him.

Yes.  I have a problem with it.  I have a problem with it being a penalty.  As long as the player isn't defenseless, it should never be a penalty. 

TARGETING the ball carrier is what every defensive player does.  Thats the point.  You can't take the top part out of the equation.  Heads are gonna get hit when people fly 100 miles an hour at each other.  Its gonna happen.  And it shouldn't be a penalty.  A penalty for playing football?   :laugh

Its so dumb. 

Worst is when they go to replay and the guy clearly did not lead with the crown and they still uphold it.

Exactly.  Ive seen it happen many times the past few years.  There was a blatant one last year with a Nebraska DB.  Clearly didn't even hit the head or above the shoulders and he got ejected. Reviewed it and it was upheld.  The opposing head coach after the game even admitted how dumb it was.  Think it was Mora from UCLA if I remember correctly. This is exactly what I am referring to.  

Yes.  I have a problem with it.  I have a problem with it being a penalty.  As long as the player isn't defenseless, it should never be a penalty. 

TARGETING the ball carrier is what every defensive player does.  Thats the point.  You can't take the top part out of the equation.  Heads are gonna get hit when people fly 100 miles an hour at each other.  Its gonna happen.  And it shouldn't be a penalty.  A penalty for playing football?   :laugh

Its so dumb. 

A blow to the head/neck, or leading with the helmet, shouldn't be a penalty? I thought you were about tackling the right way... how is that the right way? Diabler is mad because players aren't allowed to smash other players in the head or neck anymore. Talk about a disturbed individual. But he's highly educated on concussions.

Exactly.  Ive seen it happen many times the past few years.  There was a blatant one last year with a Nebraska DB.  Clearly didn't even hit the head or above the shoulders and he got ejected.  This is exactly what I am referring to.  

Yeah, it is a good rule but poorly enforced. They will flag just for a hard hit or a guy will actually be trying not to hit and he still gets penalized.

It does not have anything to do with liberalism though. Football coaches are wimps. They will always wimp out. They designed the rules and they are too chicken shit to change them.

They don't mind any of it though because it leads to more points. Notice every rule is designed to produce more points? If it produces points, it ain't so bad.

A blow to the head/neck, or leading with the helmet, shouldn't be a penalty?

It depends.  Sometimes a guy makes a great textbook tackle, and helmets hit.  People are flying around 100% at each other.  Helmet to helmet contact happens EVERY play on the football field.  All over the football field.  Sometimes there is blatant targeting to a defenseless player.  Thats not whats being argued here.

Have you ever tackled anyone?  When you were at Penn St?  Do you know how to properly teach tackling?  Do you know there are different approaches?  Do you know what Seahawk tackling is?  

Do you know that heads will hit each other in football?  Do you know thats part of the game?  

Its so fun seeing you try to argue something you are absolutely clueless on.  Thats what makes you, you.  A libtarded fucktard.  Never change! 

It depends.  Sometimes a guy makes a great textbook tackle, and helmets hit.  People are flying around 100% at each other.  Helmet to helmet contact happens EVERY play on the football field.  All over the football field.  Sometimes there is blatant targeting to a defenseless player.  Thats not whats being argued here.

Have you ever tackled anyone?  When you were at Penn St?  Do you know how to properly teach tackling?  Do you know there are different approaches?  Do you know what Seahawk tackling is?  

Do you know that heads will hit each other in football?  Do you know thats part of the game?  

Its so fun seeing you try to argue something you are absolutely clueless on.  Thats what makes you, you.  A libtarded fucktard.  Never change! 

ok

I'm starting to lose faith in you William.  I'm really trying to keep the faith. You are making it hard.   :laugh

I'm 100% on board with the promotion of safety and the enforcement of it.  No question about it.  Are you following?  Because Ive said it like 4 times already.

I'm arguing against kids getting penalized for making a hard hit.  Thats exactly whats happening with some of these calls and its bullshit.  Textbook tackle.  Exactly as taught.  And flagged 15 yards and ejected.  Kids are getting flagged for simply playing football.  A brutal sport with brutal hits.  And its dumb.  

You can't have it both ways.  You can't argue that hitting someone is dangerous, then promoting the game at the same time.  If its truly dangerous, then nobody should be playing it.  If not, then let the sport be.  Flag the reckless hits to the head that are blatant and can be prevented.  But flagging a kid for simply playing the game is beyond retarded. There has to be a line somewhere before this turns into flag football.  And I think the line has been crossed recently with these calls. 

I'm not sure where bad officiating comes part of this discussion. Are the refs libtards too?

So if we get the players to sign waivers, the game changes to a more enjoyable product, the libtard agenda is quashed and bad officiating no longer pisses everyone off.

Are all the studies, awareness, education and rule changes still an agenda?

No. If the liberal media will stop using the word concussion, it will all go away. They keep saying the word and reporting on suicides and Alzheimers. It gives a bad impression and leads to rules being made.

No. If the liberal media will stop using the word concussion, it will all go away. They keep saying the word and reporting on suicides and Alzheimers. It gives a bad impression and leads to rules being made.

Yes but if all the players sign waivers all that suicide, Alzheimer 's, CTE, dementia shit just becomes part of the job. Leave the rules be.