betting steam can RUIN you!

Guest ChrisHarvard

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChrisHarvard

BAUS i'm just doing the best I can here, buddy.

Guys are posting threads of freaking bowl of noodles and that's all hunky freaking dory...

what about Chris? What about Harvard?

I want to win more than anyone in this whole place, BAUS. 

BAUS i'm just doing the best I can here, buddy.

Guys are posting threads of freaking bowl of noodles and that's all hunky freaking dory...

what about Chris? What about Harvard?

I want to win more than anyone in this whole freaking place, BAUS. 

That's all well and good, finest of sirs, we all want to win.

I have found JJ funny over the years though.

BAUS

Yes it could....happened more often than not in the 90s and early 2000s...

Only a handful of gamblers I ever knew could predict moves successfully...

During my first couple years in the business the best NBA handicapper in the world was a guy named Chuck Sharpe....he would open us up at 8 in the morning on sides and totals...when we would open the games to the public, the sides would move 3/4 points and the totals 6-8 points...the followers would never win.....BTW when we got Chuck's numbers we would send our beards into the Dominican books here and kill them...that lasted 10 days before those books used our numbers to open....

Chuck would win every week and his followers lose....no internet in those days so we also had the luxury of knowing what players were following and always messed with the lines as clerks...we had a license to steal...

I thought the best NBA handicapper was THE CHINAMAN??

BAUS

Guest ChrisHarvard

I really would prefer not to be compared to other forum posters.

Jordan said, you have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that.

Certainly, there is no competition.

I want to be the best I can be. 

I really would prefer not to be compared to other forum posters.

Jordan said, you have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that.

Certainly, there is no competition.

I want to be the best I can be.

Shoot for the moon; even if you miss you'll land among the stars..

BAUS

Guest ChrisHarvard

BAUS, I told this story to yanks just a couple night ago...i felt like he need some comfort, ya know? Like stuff doesn't always go your way.

When I was in middle school, I tried out for the high school team.

I thought I practiced pretty well. All the guys were monsters in size compared to me, but I could shoot. That was always my role...to score.

Chris "score more" Harvard.

but i didn't make it. They cut my ass.

I was crushed. It was a long shot anyways to make that team.

My father reminded me, when Jordan was in the 8th grade they cut him.

It's all about perspective.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it - M Jordan

Guest ChrisHarvard

Of course, there is always going to be a ROTTEN APPLE in the bunch

Chris your dad was mind effin you comparing you to Jordan.  If he wouldve just told ya how it really is at a young age you had a chance to start something else young that you actually had a shot at.  Now you are stuck at a dead end construction job and gambling all of your extra funds away.  All because pops led you to believe you were the next MJ.

Guest ChrisHarvard

But you know what, that message was to me...don't get down on myself because I got cut.

Even Jordan got cut. At the time, it helped me deal with getting cut. 

I made the team and started most games the next year and the following three years after that.

It's all about perception.

But you know what, that message was to me...don't get down on myself because I got cut.

Even Jordan got cut. At the time, it helped me deal with getting cut.

I made the team and started most games the next year and the following three years after that.

It's all about perception.

I believe in you. If you put your mind to it, set some goals, and put in the work, you could end up as a top TGF poster.

BAUS

Guest ChrisHarvard

I believe in you. If you put your mind to it, set some goals, and put in the work, you could end up as a top TGF poster.

BAUS

Only when Smokie steals my plays

BOWELS

Absolutely....they put out a fake play and then when all the followers got down they banged it heavy on the way back....you just sometimes didn't know what side he really wanted....quite a mouse and cat fight between him and the books in the early days....

So, that lead to the book getting Polish middled?

And think of how many players also got hung out to dry that did not know how to make a line themselves and do the research to look for the angles he was looking for with his people.  Every time, a line moved you had to ask yourself - why - is BW or a big fish moving it or is there a fundamental reason?

The only players that benefited were scalpers - bang bang plays in and out - Ho's built rollover with this tactic.  These  players  were walking away with some money.  Don Best #'s actually hurt these guys - made it too easy for everybody to see line movement.  

So, back to square one for the books and players.  Both have to know where value is - where the scientific number is.

So, that lead to the book getting Polish middled?

And think of how many players also got hung out to dry that did not know how to make a line themselves and do the research to look for the angles he was looking for with his people.  Every time, a line moved you had to ask yourself - why - is BW or a big fish moving it or is there a fundamental reason?

The only players that benefited were scalpers - bang bang plays in and out - Ho's built rollover with this tactic.  These  players  were walking away with some money.  Don Best #'s actually hurt these guys - made it too easy for everybody to see line movement.  

So, back to square one for the books and players.  Both have to know where value is - where the scientific number is.

very sharp analysis....that is it in a nutshell....