**anyone watch leah remini scientology?

milwaukee mike

Priests molested and raped kids for decades, the Church knew about it and did nothing to them. Instead they just moved those priests to other parishes. I'd say that's worse than shady, pal.

He said ALL other organized religions. You are referencing the Catholic church. Which has been proven to be corrupt and shady. Protestant churches started and broke away because of it.

There are plenty of small churches and organizations out there that have true and good intentions. They are in it to help others.

Embarrassingly ignorant if you don't know this. Just as bigoted as saying ALL blacks are lazy because many don't work.

She hates Jesus. She's a Jesus hater. HE died for your sins Milky

Let me see if I understand this concept.

God, our all-powerful creator, disapproves of what He terms sinning.  These sins can keep men out of Heaven, so people need to have the sins they have committed forgiven by God in order for them to live "happily ever after".

So, at one point in history, God sent His Son down to Earth to die in order to forgive men for the sins that had been committed prior to this point in history and for all the sins that would be committed after this point in history.  What?  Our uncommitted sins are already forgiven?  What is the point of worrying about sins anymore then?

Now, I am having a little problem remembering that our God is all-powerful.  He can do ANYTHING He so desires.  Like FORGIVE His creation for all their sins.  With a mere snap of HIs magical fingers.  God can overrule the sin thing just like He created the sin thing.

Which makes the whole crucifixion story sound like just that - a story.  Instead of just forgiving us for our sins, God needs us to kill His son before He can forgive us?  This simply makes ZERO sense - unless you have drunk the cool-aid.

Someone left the first four words out of the Bible - " Once Upon a Time ".  But, fortunately, you can still read about the " they lived happily ever after " part.

He said ALL other organized religions. You are referencing the Catholic church. Which has been proven to be corrupt and shady. Protestant churches started and broke away because of it.

There are plenty of small churches and organizations out there that have true and good intentions. They are in it to help others.

Embarrassingly ignorant if you don't know this. Just as bigoted as saying ALL blacks are lazy because many don't work.

So you're not necessarily disagreeing, you're just arguing the "all"?

Yes, obviously not all of them.

So you're not necessarily disagreeing, you're just arguing the "all"?

Yes, obviously not all of them.

Correct. I agree many are corrupt and shady. But I know many have good intentions. So to say ALL, is very ignorant.

The "scam" part? Well, if you are an Atheist, then I could see why you believe all churches are scams. Money going to places it should not. But many Churches really do help the less privileged and the poor. And that's their focus.

Unfortunately like many things, a few bad apples (Churches) can ruin the perception of the whole (ALL Churches).