Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque

plommer

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-gun-shots-1.3957686

Quebec City Police say several people are dead after shots were fired inside a Quebec City mosque on Sunday night. 

Multiple people are also feared wounded, according to CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada.

Their condition is not known at this time.

A few dozen people were inside the Islamic cultural centre of Quebec in the Sainte-Foy neighbourhood when the shooting began just after 8 p.m.

Quebec City Police Constable Étienne Doyon said mostly men were gathered at the mosque for evening prayers. 

The director of the centre said at least five people were killed, but that information has not been confirmed by police. 

Two suspects have been arrested. 

A large perimeter has been set up around the mosque.

This June, during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, a pig's head was left on the doorstep of the mosque.

More to come

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you been to the west coast why would live anywhere else?

West coast is nice. Spent alot of time in Vancouver, Victoria and Nanaimo from 1993-1995 and visited last in 2010. It's nice but I prefer the east.

I'm a Toronto kinda guy. Love the city and the areas surrounding it. Lots of great little towns in southern Ontario. I'm thinking of moving to Northern Ontario when I'm old. Somewhere bewteen Thunder Bay and Kenora. Kenora is really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqNpfc_AsfY