Mil Mike can you repost your stock picks?

bookbraker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IAG here's a great article, a rudimentary explanation of the market phenomena

http://business.financialpost.com/midas-letter/if-the-world-economy-is-so-weak-why-are-stock-markets-so-strong

Thanks Billy. I briefly glanced at it, but not sure it's rudimentary enough for me. I'll try again when I'm at my best, first thing in the morning after a couple of cups of coffee :)

Don't be intimidated by that stuff. Get used to some of the lingo and it's pretty basic.

It's funny how I feel like there are certain things I just cannot wrap my head around.

Physics

Craps

Accounting 100

Economics.

I'm really good and quick with general math, and those things are strong suits in my family...one brother went to M.I.T., but certain things just escape me.

I can memorize definitions and rules, but I just can't wrap my head around certain things. it's like my brain shuts off. Especially with things like physics.....all science really. Maybe I just had no interest. Graduated Cum Laude, but had to drop accounting twice – and I have two CPA bros. Frustrating,

It's funny how I feel like there are certain things I just cannot wrap my head around.

Physics

Craps

Accounting 100

Economics.

I'm really good and quick with general math, and those things are strong suits in my family...one brother went to M.I.T., but certain things just escape me.

I can memorize definitions and rules, but I just can't wrap my head around certain things. it's like my brain shuts off. Especially with things like physics.....all science really. Maybe I just had no interest. Graduated Cum Laude, but had to drop accounting twice – and I have two CPA bros. Frustrating,

That's where we fail ourselves and fall prey to shitty brokers or the media.

Folk look at an article like that and think they gotta swallow it whole, be an economist after two pages. Take what you can but more importantly take stock of a question or two or a key word. 5 minutes of reading and a bit of research.

You'll know more than you would have imagined real quick

That's where we fail ourselves and fall prey to shitty brokers or the media.

Folk look at an article like that and think they gotta swallow it whole, be an economist after two pages. Take what you can but more importantly take stock of a question or two or a key word. 5 minutes of reading and a bit of research.

You'll know more than you would have imagined real quick

ok Billy. I'll give it a try (post coffee) Thank you for the link, and the encouragement.

they were preferred stocks, which are fixed income more than stocks

all went up big time since i posted them but here's a few that are still cheap compared to $25 par price... all will give you 6%+ with almost 0 risk

ahp-b

aht-f

lho-j

omaa

rexr

here is one I had years ago that was somewhat similar.

MFA

Dividend Yield 9.99%

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

this space for rent

IAG, on 15 Dec 2016 - 2:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Yeah I know. Maybe I should buy more. I'm just frustrated because my one stock I have any real money in is going down, while the Dow goes up. It's done well for me this year, but when you hear about these gains everyone is making it's disappointing. So I'm a chickenshit and sitting on money at 1% which even if you had $2 million in the bank would put you in poverty level living off the interest.

preferred stocks are looking really cheap right now, with interest rates rising some of them have gotten clobbered unfairly, to the point where you get 8-10% dividends

i like all of these, base price is $25/share if they buy them back so you're getting in cheap

vno-l (21.77)

aht-f (22.90)

cio-a (22.44)

rexr-a (22.35)

omaa (20.96)

since i guess we're patting ourselves on the back, here's what those have done in 2 months

vno-l now 23.53 and paid a .34 dividend... so up 9.7%

aht-f now 24.52 and paid a .46 dividend... so up 9.1%

cio-a now 24.98 and paid a .51 dividend... so up 12.2%

rexr-a now 24.00 and paid a .55 dividend... so up 9.8%

omaa now 22.56 and paid a .63 dividend... so up 10.6%

i would call that 5 for 5 with the worst one of the bunch up 9.1% in the last 2 months

since i guess we're patting ourselves on the back, here's what those have done in 2 months

vno-l now 23.53 and paid a .34 dividend... so up 9.7%

aht-f now 24.52 and paid a .46 dividend... so up 9.1%

cio-a now 24.98 and paid a .51 dividend... so up 12.2%

rexr-a now 24.00 and paid a .55 dividend... so up 9.8%

omaa now 22.56 and paid a .63 dividend... so up 10.6%

i would call that 5 for 5 with the worst one of the bunch up 9.1% in the last 2 months

Wasn't patting myself on the back

Just showing how well Canadian banks perform

the stock is flat over the last 3 years

us version went from 75 down to 47 and now back up to 75

and you recommended it about 2% below an all-time high, in my opinion not the best time to buy something

I have own it forever I keep adding to my portfolio

Bookbraker was asking what someone in his 40s should buy

I recommended Canadian banks