Mil Mike can you repost your stock picks?

bookbraker

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 75 shares of priceline about 12-13 years ago for $12.21 a share it's $1638.00 today.

I sold it for 22 bucks and thought I did great at the time.

:gun

when i was playing cards was offered 2000 bitcoins for a, I believe, $6000ish dollar payout. I didn't need the money but wasn't sure how bitcoin worked at the time. I declined.

few years later it was worth about 1 million. fun times. i did end up making decent money on bitcoin because I accepted 500 and the price soared. I got out when it was near $400/coin though so I still sold myself short. 

recommended my parents buy a substantial amount at $240/coin. My dad said he wasn't sure because of the volatility. offered to split the investment with him. sold off at $450 a coin - should have held as neither of us needed the money.

when i was playing cards was offered 2000 bitcoins for a, I believe, $6000ish dollar payout. I didn't need the money but wasn't sure how bitcoin worked at the time. I declined.

few years later it was worth about 1 million. fun times. i did end up making decent money on bitcoin because I accepted 500 and the price soared. I got out when it was near $400/coin though so I still sold myself short. 

recommended my parents buy a substantial amount at $240/coin. My dad said he wasn't sure because of the volatility. offered to split the investment with him. sold off at $450 a coin - should have held as neither of us needed the money.

you sold 500 bitcoins when they were $400 a pop.  200 gs?

just started playing cards again the past few months because been spending more than i've been making for about 5 years now. getting near the point where the money i put away 6-7 years ago from playing cards is going to become money i'm spending. appreciate my folks for making me put a good percentage of what i made away, but also want to keep it that way for another 20-30 years. no regrets given that one of my stakers were my parents and was nice to give them something for once after draining them for 21 years.

nice, wish i listened to saab over at whales place when they were like 10 bucks a coin.  was really confused about how they worked and had no interest, costly mistake.

just searched this E-Mail I sent my old man when I read this thread:

E
1/26/15
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to David
cleardot.gif

Might be a good time to get back into Bitcoin. I've been sitting here contemplating it all morning.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/01/26/bitcoin-usa-coinbase/22341301/

$274 a coin right. Could see $600+ sometime this year. I missed the first hike this morning by being complacent.

I should show some balls and put every dime into it.

I sent that to my dad January 26th 2015. We should have bought more. Fucking idiots. 

Sitting in the same position now, many people predict them getting to 10k in 5 years....a little too spendy to get into now for me.

Yeah. At this price though I couldn't buy enough. Even if it reaches 10k I'd do ok but without dipping into money I'd rather not lose I couldn't buy enough coins for it to impact me as much. Not enough liquid funds that aren't already invested. Maybe I can hit some big tournaments the next couple months and put it all in bitcoin.

It's tough to think about. Poker sites were pushing it on me at 3 and 2 dollars a coin. I just didn't know any better.

yeah hindsight is always 20/20

i don't think i'd be any happier with 5 million, 50 million, or even 500 million so it really doesn't matter

in your case though if money is a daily struggle then the misses are probably more painful... but if you wait long enough there will be another crash in housing/stocks/etc that presents unreal opportunities

yeah hindsight is always 20/20

i don't think i'd be any happier with 5 million, 50 million, or even 500 million so it really doesn't matter

in your case though if money is a daily struggle then the misses are probably more painful... but if you wait long enough there will be another crash in housing/stocks/etc that presents unreal opportunities

I'd just like to retire already haha.

I got really lucky and when I won a good amount of money playing cards for a couple years I put it all in the market and it coincided with the bottom of the market - pure luck. So that investment worked out great for me and is still working great. But that return is so much less than the bitcoins return in that same time frame.