The best money I ever spent...

IAG

Gift idea for anyone who knows older person in nursing home or facility where they are not allowed pets – especially anyone with dementia/Alzheimer's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4orT5NDjn0c

I volunteer with a 92-year-old woman who lives in a senior living facility. Although fairly lively and great shape for her years, She suffers from depression which is common for people in her age group under

She was lamenting not being able to have a pet in the assisted-living. I had seen these somewhere and debated whether it would be a good gift for her. It was $100, so didn't want to have it be a bust, but decided to take a gamble.

From the minute it came out of the box, I don't think she has stopped smiling. It's not a substitute for a pet, but it's pretty darn close. It meows, purrs, rolls over, ears twitch, closes his eyes and goes to sleep. It greets her when she walks into her apartment. She liked it so much she started bringing it to activities with her she has gotten a lot of attention from people she didn't know or converse with much before.

Anyway, for persons in a nursing home or facility where they are not allowed to have a pet, this might be a great gift. I worried it would seem childish. but this is actually geared towards older population Box says ages 5 to 105 and the print on the instructions is large and it's basically ready to go out of the box.

Hahaha. Forget about the elderly. I had ordered two because I couldn't decide on the color. The other one has been sitting in a box in my living room. I finally opened it to see if my cat would interact with it (wondering if she needs a buddy). Cat played with it for quite a while, and tried to pick it up and carry by scruff of neck....lol. ROBO CAT might replace KAT CAT if KAT cat won't squelch that seemingly constant meowing.

I'm losing it.

Was that a skit

Lol no.

https://youtu.be/NiyT9iXcBCo

Looks like they sold on QVC. Normally would not have made a thread about it, but everybody was asking me where I got it ...HUGE HIT with the blue haired crowd..

There are cheaper versions out there, but not near as lifelike and not targeted toward elderly. I know I sound like a shill f for Hasbro, but it just made me happy to see this woman so happy.

You got a good heart IAG

Thank you...I try. I think we all do...well most anyway... ha.

If I could I buy every person in those nursing homes one of these I would. They have dogs too, but they didn't look quite as real.

It's too bad they couldn't lower their price point a bit.....a lot of those people are on fixed incomes and wouldn't be able to afford and their might be tapped out too helping to pay for those 100k a year rooms.

my wife bought our puppy a stuffed animal dog that has "heartbeat", battery operated plastic "heart"  velcro enclosed , ridiculous

Does the dog like it? I wasn't planning to keep this one, but my cat will not play with any toys that I have except the laser. I was hoping this might entertain her. It did for a short while. I will probably find someone to give it to after the novelty wears off for both the cat and myself.