How many of you will be watching the Super(Duper) Bowl with the sound muted?

plommer

Commentators are extra annoying in a game like this, the only way to watch is to have music playing with the game sound muted.

I don't give a FUCK about old stats and player/coach interviews. Don't wanna hear it.

The ONLY time to unmute is when a player gets hurt and you need to find out what the issue is.

In baseball sometimes the commentators give some gems usually a stat that relates to the home team that isn't readily available.

Not so much in football but I still like to hear the game

I can only stomach a couple of the old "was his knee down before the ball came loose" or "was his toe touching the line when he made that catch" etc etc.

"was the ball tipped?" "That was a great NO CALL" "they got a generous spot" (ie a generous spot is an incorrect spot JFC) - they can fuck off with that silliness.

Fukkin only sport where shit can happen or they score a touchgoal and then its totally nullified because some guy 50 yards away tugged on a shirt or took too many steps upfield.

At least in hockey penalties make the game more interesting, in football they make the game unbearable.

dont think id really enjoy watching a game muted. I dont dislike commentators like most, i think they do a fairly good job (job isnt nearly as easy as fans like to think) but even if it is a crew that i dont enjoy id still prefer background sound over silence 

Perhaps with no action on a game they are less annoying but when I have $$$ on a game its impossible for me not to be annoyed listening to them.

I can only stomach a couple of the old "was his knee down before the ball came loose" or "was his toe touching the line when he made that catch" etc etc.

"was the ball tipped?" "That was a great NO CALL" "they got a generous spot" (ie a generous spot is an incorrect spot JFC) - they can fuck off with that silliness.

Fukkin only sport where shit can happen or they score a touchgoal and then its totally nullified because some guy 50 yards away tugged on a shirt or took too many steps upfield.

At least in hockey penalties make the game more interesting, in football they make the game unbearable.

yeah, hockey is so much better

guy scores a goal, opposing coach challenges, saying the goal scoring team was offsides by a millimeter 2 minutes ago

so they review it and decide the last several minutes of gameplay never occurred

yeah, hockey is so much better

guy scores a goal, opposing coach challenges, saying the goal scoring team was offsides by a millimeter 2 minutes ago

so they review it and decide the last several minutes of gameplay never occurred

weak sauce.

You're saying the NHL getting the call right via review compares to the crap in American ball?

NHL teams go games/weeks without challenging plays. Whereas in American ball challenges/reviews are part of every game multiple times.

No point watching without sound unless you're deaf. 

Right.

"Well coach, you're down 14 points going in to the 2nd half, what do you need to do to get back in this thing?"

"Well I think we need to score at least 14 points more than they do this second half"

Fukkin interviews with players/coaches are pure gold.

:flag

weak sauce.

You're saying the NHL getting the call right via review compares to the crap in American ball?

NHL teams go games/weeks without challenging plays. Whereas in American ball challenges/reviews are part of every game multiple times.

it's worse and you'd agree if you weren't so invested in pretending everything Canadian is superior to everything American

the fact that they allow offsides to be reviewed is absurd and ruins games