Happiest states. SODAK near top of list AGAIN!

IAG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.livescience.com/57716-happiest-states-2016-full-list.html

A new poll from Gallup-Healthways shows which states had the highest and lowest well-being in 2016. Well-being scores are based on participants' answers to questions about their sense of purpose, social relationships, financial lives, community involvement and physical health.

Here is the full list of states ranked by their well-being score, which is out of 100.

5. Colorado 63.5

:btj 

What's got North Dakota upset? They must be pissed that South Dakota is happier than they are.

What has so many people freezing their asses off so happy?

Was outside today on and off in a tee shirt and happy as could be.  I think it was like 10 degrees, but i am a man so i dont let cold scare me.

Yeah.  I'm sure it has been.  I haven't been there since I was a kid.

We walked into it and walked out in about 10 minutes.

It's just a building with a bunch of corn covering it.

true for the most part

there's a basketball court inside that gets used, and some pictures of what it looked like every year

i bought some lemon candies inside that were pretty good so that's probably why i have a fonder memory of the inside  :laugh

true for the most part

there's a basketball court inside that gets used, and some pictures of what it looked like every year

i bought some lemon candies inside that were pretty good so that's probably why i have a fonder memory of the inside  :laugh

Yeah.  I remember the pictures now that you mention it.  I think that's what took 10 minutes.

Community is huge here. Everybody is friendly. There is a huge church going population, so that factors in I bet. That being the case, I thought Utah would fare higher. They are always ranked very highly on lists of states that volunteer and give money to charity.

Traffic would be a negative for me if I was commuting in a big city. In Denver I was less than 2 miles -maybe even a mile from work- so I was lucky, but I would be a road rager if I had to commute downtown or into the tech center every day....and that would make me unhappy. I don't really put much stock in these polls. However it is interesting that many of the same states tend to fare well year after year. Alaska really surprises me.