Is it true that Fantasy Aces closed shop owing member over 1 million?

Tomorrow's Newspaper

How is a fantasy site going bankrupt possible? They charge -120 to every player and never have to take a side meaning profit is guaranteed. Imagine a bookie charging -120 and always having equal action so they would always keep the vig. I'm interested to learn what they messed up on?

they were stealing money

fantasy hub and fantasy up both did the same thing... the owners pay themselves tons of money, rack up debt, and then declare bankruptcy, story as old as time

it's easier to steal $1.2 million by declaring bankruptcy than work 12 years making $100k/year

they were stealing money

fantasy hub and fantasy up both did the same thing... the owners pay themselves tons of money, rack up debt, and then declare bankruptcy, story as old as time

it's easier to steal $1.2 million by declaring bankruptcy than work 12 years making $100k/year

What's the legal ramifications? Do they get away with sending the money offshore, declaiming bankruptcy and getting away with not having to pay players without any legal trouble, considering the amount very surprised I haven't heard about this yet. I guess the big fantasy sites don't want this news coming out and scaring players away

What's the legal ramifications? Do they get away with sending the money offshore, declaiming bankruptcy and getting away with not having to pay players without any legal trouble, considering the amount very surprised I haven't heard about this yet. I guess the big fantasy sites don't want this news coming out and scaring players away

they didn't steal the money by just sending it offshore

they used it for "operations" which means the writing was on the wall that they weren't going to be profitable much longer, so their salaries got bumped up

nothing criminal about overpaying yourself and stiffing banks, although there probably should be debtors prisons

Yeah. I heard on their financial reports 6 months ago it showed player balances of 1.5 million, cash on hand 500k.  Writing was on the wall, but those that knew had their hand in the cookie jar via advertising, referral programs etc, and didn't want to lose the cash cow

if you're already in that position, then it would be pretty dumb to pay back the 500k instead of using it for salaries a while longer

How is a fantasy site going bankrupt possible? They charge -120 to every player and never have to take a side meaning profit is guaranteed. Imagine a bookie charging -120 and always having equal action so they would always keep the vig. I'm interested to learn what they messed up on?

Guaranteed contests often dont fill.

stuff happens all the time

and yet dumbasses still leave a 90k balance with people they never met, and have no idea who they are

hell i wouldn't trust my family members or best friends with 10k let alone 90k

Like everything its a calculated risk. If you want to bet 100k a day, you need 100k availble.

fantasy alarm had some sort of  arrangement with them too.  They were always hyping them up on their website and sending emails about their tournaments.  It was funny listening to those guys on the radio yesterday. Wish I didn't have to work so I could hear the whole thing

I think they had a small stake in Aces. I had a little in a account but didn't play there since summer.

Guest boatboatboat

Got a big payout in October, looks like that was about the end. Still had a decent amount left in the accout.

Hopefully another company will step in and offer you a chance to get some of your money back

Hopefully another company will step in and offer you a chance to get some of your money back

Think that passed with the BK filing.  They were trying to set something up.  

This place always felt sketchy.  Like they send me a six figure check last summer that was handwritten.    But, right after that they bought(took over) another site (fantasy feud maybe i dont remember).