aggressive action theorem

sleepy

If I drove that far ("far" -ha) i might as well be at GF. I'm just giving you a hard time. I know you're being a good dad. I just feel bad that Sleepy the shut in came all this way and no welcome committee. He needs to give a little more than a day or two's notice though.

I also admit to having a slight aversion to meeting posters for the simple reason that I have a complete picture of most in my head and I feel like meeting them in the real world would really screw with me when they are completely different. I remember when I saw Whale pic for the first time, I always pictured him like that credit wager stiff he had in his avatar as George Jefferson and RX. Obviously better looking in real life, but I just wanted him to look like that goofy stiff guy.

i look like i do in my video productions

5'4 and 325

except i'm not nearly as angry off the forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

actually had to work for a bit this morning, then made some breakfast, and now watching basketball and playing with kids. already had nerf wars and played jaws, much more to come im sure. want to babysit iag?

You actually play with your kids and spend time with them?

Diabler calls bullshit. No way you can be a good Dad and post on the reg at a forum.

Now excuse me while I take my son to his flag football game.

Peace. ✌️

1/2NL in fuk city last night and have $275 stack

i have KQs diamonds UTG and raise to $10

one caller and gets to SB who raises to $20 and he has me covered

i call and so does the other player

flop comes 9T3 with two diamonds

normally i jam on flop like this but the guy leads out for $60 and usually (aggressive action theorem) when players bet this much they are never folding

what are you faggs doing here with my hand

Did the other player call?

I don't like my position chasing down heads up in that situation. 

if the villain is commited as you say I call another street, if you jam he will call with any set, AJ-QQ-KK-AA... if the turn bricks he will surely go all in and you can save your $200 chips for a better shot... if any K or Q hits Im calling the shove BTW as in theory we just added 7 more outs to win the hand unless he has a set or KJ-QJ which is not in his basic range due to his tiny reraise.

Actually have to put this guy in any 88+ pair or AJ-AQ-AK... could very well have TT-JJ-99... no way he has KJ or QJ... AK-KK-AA doubtful as well as I imagine he would isolate and raise to $40-$50ish PF.

His real range all things considered and with the limited info I have is 88-AA, AJ and very slim AK. Almost sure he has a pocket pair.

No clue how you come to any of these conclusions based on his betting. 

Raised 10 bb's pre, and then re-popped a pot bet following the flop.

No clue why you'd put him on 8's but not aa or kk. Given his betting, I probably would have put him on J's or better or even AK/AQ which limits my outs. Obviously not sitting at the table so no clue how he's betting. 

I don't like chasing heads up so if the other guy folded, given that I'm assuming I'm a dog in that spot - however small 54/46ish - I'd consider folding following the pot bet. Pot odds, once that pot bet was popped, are now against me in that hand as a dog not by much, but they are. You are gambling at that point, but there's nothing wrong with gambling against aggression. 

good play though sleepy as it worked out and you took home the cash. I'm a pretty passive player.

lol...iag did you ever see sleepys video going swimming in the lake? hes not fat and i cant see him being too angry either.

Yes...not sure I want to meet him if he's not fat and angry though. Remember I'm a big fan of Chris Christie. Nothing I can do about his fitness level, but maybe he could pretend to be angry.

You actually play with your kids and spend time with them?

Diabler calls bullshit. No way you can be a good Dad and post on the reg at a forum.

Now excuse me while I take my son to his flag football game.

Peace. ✌️

People just dont understand do they diabler?  I have laptop open all day for betting, posting, and am watching games, playing with kids, eating all at the same time.  Every minute i am not posting i am busy with other things around the house.

Sleepy back to your poker hand, im pushing there 100% of the time in a cash game with a gut shot, flush draw, and two overs.  In a tournament completely different story.  But in this case im allin, if i bust ill buy back in.

Many times in cash games i will take big chances allin and bust out to give myself a certain image, only to come back tight and crush them.

Sleepy back to your poker hand, im pushing there 100% of the time in a cash game with a gut shot, flush draw, and two overs.  In a tournament completely different story.  But in this case im allin, if i bust ill buy back in.

Many times in cash games i will take big chances allin and bust out to give myself a certain image, only to come back tight and crush them.

Yeah, cash different than tournaments and I play a hell of a lot more tournies than cash game.

Aggression definitely more important in cash games so I agree with this actually.

Tournament I'm folding; don't like putting my stake on the line with a suspected flip; unless I'm a flip and getting 3-1 or 4-1+ on my money.

People just dont understand do they diabler? I have laptop open all day for betting, posting, and am watching games, playing with kids, eating all at the same time. Every minute i am not posting i am busy with other things around the house.

In addition to assumptions, there are so many ignorant people with ignorant takes in Forumville. Other than work because it's necessary, I spend way more time doing things with the family than anything else. And its not even close..

Guest pocketrockets

Did the other player call?

I don't like my position chasing down heads up in that situation. 

No clue how you come to any of these conclusions based on his betting. 

Raised 10 bb's pre, and then re-popped a pot bet following the flop.

No clue why you'd put him on 8's but not aa or kk. Given his betting, I probably would have put him on J's or better or even AK/AQ which limits my outs. Obviously not sitting at the table so no clue how he's betting. 

I don't like chasing heads up so if the other guy folded, given that I'm assuming I'm a dog in that spot - however small 54/46ish - I'd consider folding following the pot bet. Pot odds, once that pot bet was popped, are now against me in that hand as a dog not by much, but they are. You are gambling at that point, but there's nothing wrong with gambling against aggression. 

good play though sleepy as it worked out and you took home the cash. I'm a pretty passive player.

JFC I JUST REALIZED WHAT I DID.

I ANALYZED THE HAND like if Sleepy would have raised 3x ($6), V2 a call and V1 a double raise repop ($12-$14)... blame that on me lacking sleep just came work from my nightshift.

Actual bet size considered yeah, Sleepy raising 5x UTG, 1 call and one repop 10x then yeah... V2 only has this range in my eyes: JJ-QQ-KK-AK

if he would have bet smaller (1/2 or 2/3 of pot) i would have raised for sure

but i've played enough to know when guys make these big bets they're never folding

i thought by just calling all the way if i missed i still have a little cash left

and if i hit i'm still going to double up

Guest pocketrockets

Oh and PR your pre flop range assignment is far too narrow , imo. Remember you're talking about a 1/2 game.

Perhaps, Im giving Sleepy's opponend a STAG status, hand history comes into play but yeah a real STAG player will only double raise to 10x vs 2 players if he really is trapping. Dont see him doing this with 22-99... Range foes to TT-JJ-QQ-KK-AA-AK-AQ... IMO only LAGS will try this with AJ or worst...

But yeah Im giving V2 the max credit here. 5x UTG is just too strong even for a LAG.