The real reason for the TGF gardening craze.

IAG

In what? That sort of thing? Hell no. Lol.

there is something to be said for affirmations/confirmations/whatever

one of the dilbert books had advice where you write something down a bunch of times and then it happens

i think i wrote it down 20 times a day for a few months, and then it happened... but be specific, not "i want to win $500" but "i will win $500 on march 25th"

there is something to be said for affirmations/confirmations/whatever

one of the dilbert books had advice where you write something down a bunch of times and then it happens

i think i wrote it down 20 times a day for a few months, and then it happened... but be specific, not "i want to win $500" but "i will win $500 on march 25th"

You know I actually have a similar story along those lines. Won't go into it now, but was only time I tried something like that and it worked...and it was such a precise figure (was a salary deal) that it kind of freaked me out. I would tend to believe in that far more than a woman spraying spices on currency.

Isn't that the basis of that book The Secret? I never read it, but I believe it is based on the same or similar principle.

Down here I have seen my share of hoodoo stuff and been to a couple of places where that kind of stuff is performed and although I am not a believer I tend to just avoid messing with it directly as I am not really a non-believer either lol 

They are some very very odd people

I'm not saying there isn't something perhaps to some of these things. After all, I have faith in God and many people would lump that in with the lucky spray in a bottle. I don't mess with that stuff for other reasons, but I do have my little gambling superstitions, which is really no different I guess. Same thing as you there. I'm not positive that my little superstitions create luck or bad luck, but I don't believe they don't enough to stop doing.

You know I actually have a similar story along those lines. Won't go into it now, but was only time I tried something like that and it worked...and it was such a precise figure (was a salary deal) that it kind of freaked me out. I would tend to believe in that far more than a woman spraying spices on currency.

Isn't that the basis of that book The Secret? I never read it, but I believe it is based on the same or similar principle.

same here

i haven't tried it since (not sure why)... but the odds of it happening were astronomical at the time