OT: I hate my life. Worked at this lady's house today...

KingRevolver

...doing odd jobs. I was almost done with everthing when she asked if I could change the wiper blades on her car because they were rotted and scarring her windshield. I told her sure!

Had no idea how they were changed but figured it would be simple enough. I tried looking up YouTube videos on it, but she came out to watch me, so I put the phone away.

Here's where I fucked up:

I couldn't find a way to get them off, so I grabbed a hammer and flat blade screwdriver and started working on it. I was trying to pry one off with the hammer, when I broke a piece off and it made the hammer slip off... causing a fuckin' crack on her windshield. Now she's saying I owe her $300 for a new one. :gun

Fuck people.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...doing odd jobs. I was almost done with everthing when she asked if I could change the wiper blades on her car because they were rotted and scarring her windshield. I told her sure!

Had no idea how they were changed but figured it would be simple enough. I tried looking up YouTube videos on it, but she came out to watch me, so I put the phone away.

Here's where I fucked up:

I couldn't find a way to get them off, so I grabbed a hammer and flat blade screwdriver and started working on it. I was trying to pry one off with the hammer, when I broke a piece off and it made the hammer slip off... causing a fuckin' crack on her windshield. Now she's saying I owe her $300 for a new one. :gun

Fuck people.

WTF WOW KINGER :laugh

So this broad is trying to rip me off? Please explain. Can't think clearly right now. So fuckin' pissed.

She isnt exactly scamming you. I mean you broke her windshield so you would be liable in court to pay for the windshield. Now she would still be liable to pay for all of your other jobs and your labor cost for this job

So this broad is trying to rip me off? Please explain. Can't think clearly right now. So fuckin' pissed.

Certain companies in AZ will give you a free $100 if you replace your windshield with them.  You have to have full glass coverage.  Paid 100% by your insurance though. 

If she has full glass coverage, she can get replaced for free.  And get $100 cash on top of it. 

Certain companies in AZ will give you a free $100 if you replace your windshield with them.  You have to have full glass coverage.  Paid 100% by your insurance though. 

If she has full glass coverage, she can get replaced for free.  And get $100 cash on top of it. 

She has balls... because after going inside to "call her husband"... she comes right out and tells me I owe her $300.  I was like WTF, where did she pull that figure out of?

As far as the windshield coverage goes, most "full coverage" here EXCLUDES windshield.  You have to pay additionally for windshield coverage.  Either way, this broad has money, so I'm sure she has windshield coverage.  Pretty fucked up, but I think I "get" what she's trying to do.

My bill was $200.  I'm guessing her deductible would be $100 for the windshield.  That's $300.  She was trying to get for free the work I did around her house.

She has balls... because after going inside to "call her husband"... she comes right out and tells me I owe her $300.  I was like WTF, where did she pull that figure out of?

As far as the windshield coverage goes, most "full coverage" here EXCLUDES windshield.  You have to pay additionally for windshield coverage.  Either way, this broad has money, so I'm sure she has windshield coverage.  Pretty fucked up, but I think I "get" what she's trying to do.

My bill was $200.  I'm guessing her deductible would be $100 for the windshield.  That's $300.  She was trying to get for free the work I did around her house.

Yeah.  IDK about how much the extra "glass" is.  We have always had it.  Paid for itself 10X over I am sure.  Especially considering you get a free gift card or cash every time you need it replaced.  Imagine on average we have needed to replace one every 2 years.