Bookmaker Poker

Blue

Just a heads up I was playing last night and malware was downloaded on my PC. I'm not tech savvy so I may not be using the proper terminology but I believe the virus was located in the C drive named "bookmaker". Microsoft Server Register was downloaded on my PC but it's just a disguise, it's malware.

Guest pocketrockets

Same thing happens with ACR poker (same software)

My antivirus quarantines it and I have to make an exception so I can install it... I dont think is malware, but the nature of the software raises a red flag for some reason.

Their software sucks.

My antivirus quarantines it and I have to make an exception so I can install it... I dont think is malware, but the nature of the software raises a red flag for some reason.

Their software sucks.

Yeah I knew something was going on with my desktop when I woke up this morning and it sounded like a fuckin Maserati engine and both lights on the tower were blinking solid green.

Their software sucks.

it's set that way because it needs specific access to your computer for install and live internet access - it's not the software, it's just the nature of the program. on new windows platforms programs that have continual network access need to be granted access as they are flagged as potential malware because malware has similar properties.

Guest pocketrockets

it's set that way because it needs specific access to your computer for install and live internet access - it's not the software, it's just the nature of the program. on new windows platforms programs that have continual network access need to be granted access as they are flagged as potential malware because malware has similar properties.

Yeah, I figured this, just think is weird cause this dont happen to me with pokerstars or 888poker

Microsoft Server Register was downloaded without my knowledge and from what I found online it was bullshit it's just malware disguised as MSR.

Microsoft Register Server is not malicious; it can be used by malicious software, but it is not malicious and is required to register any DLL's on your computer. 

Bookmaker requires a DLL because it is constantly updated. (would be the easiest and simplest way to describe it I guess)

Microsoft Register Server is not malicious; it can be used by malicious software, but it is not malicious and is required to register any DLL's on your computer. 

Bookmaker requires a DLL because it is constantly updated. (would be the easiest and simplest way to describe it I guess)

Should not need to download regsvr32.  It's native to Windows.

Should not need to download regsvr32.  It's native to Windows.

you don't have to download it, but it asks permission to access bookmaker i believe upon install and download. it's been a while since i downloaded bookmaker poker, but you still get asked permission when you open up bookmaker and it constantly updates unless you ask it not to ask you again i believe.

while I believe Timely is correct here, I still wouldn't feel comfortable if the poker software was triggering malware warnings.  Who knows what is being installed on your PC.  Bookmaker should know if it was triggering malware warnings and correct it immediately.

while I believe Timely is correct here, I still wouldn't feel comfortable if the poker software was triggering malware warnings.  Who knows what is being installed on your PC.  Bookmaker should know if it was triggering malware warnings and correct it immediately.

I hear ya. All my devices are Apple to avoid this bullshit with the exception of my desktop which is a former business pc that needed windows to run programs essential to the business. Why anyone buys any brand besides Apple (besides price) is beyond me.

Guest pocketrockets

well they should know.  And they should be fixing it immediately.  No excuse not to

Agreed, thats just plain sloppy and doesnt help the confidence in the room itself.