Life Alert

IAG

I'm not even kidding I'm thinking of getting one of these things. My friend's sister just had a stroke last week which is my biggest fear. A forum legend who had a stroke a couple years ago said he was so confused couldn't dial 911. It got me thinking.... Living alone sucks from health perspective. Things can happen.

We tried to get mom to use one when she lived alone and she refused to wear it..,I'd probably be the only person my age who wants one. Dying of a heart attack wouldn't be the end of the world (well, ok for practical purposes it would be,) but to have a stroke where treatment was delayed and live, would be about the worst thing I can imagine.

Do you TGF shut ins that live alone ever think about these things? Maybe we can get a group rate. You don't want to fall down and not be able to get up and put your plays in.

But seriously. Anyone buy these for a parent and know a good brand?/service.

My sister and I got my dad one the last few years of his life and we found it didn't work anywhere near as well as its advertised.  When we got it, we pushed the button to test it and waited like 3 minutes before an operator responded.  

Plus it was supposed to know if the person wearing it fell down, and we tested it for that and that didn't work either.  

I'm not even kidding I'm thinking of getting one of these things. My friend's sister just had a stroke last week which is my biggest fear. A forum legend who had a stroke a couple years ago said he was so confused couldn't dial 911. It got me thinking.... Living alone sucks from health perspective. Things can happen.

We tried to get mom to use one when she lived alone and she refused to wear it..,I'd probably be the only person my age who wants one. Dying of a heart attack wouldn't be the end of the world (well, ok for practical purposes it would be,) but to have a stroke where treatment was delayed and live, would be about the worst thing I can imagine.

Do you TGF shut ins that live alone ever think about these things? Maybe we can get a group rate. You don't want to fall down and not be able to get up and put your plays in.

But seriously. Anyone buy these for a parent and know a good brand?/service.

OT:

Very noticeable lack of chin hair in your avatar.

Well balanced hormones are +EV.

My sister and I got my dad one the last few years of his life and we found it didn't work anywhere near as well as its advertised.  When we got it, we pushed the button to test it and waited like 3 minutes before an operator responded.  

Plus it was supposed to know if the person wearing it fell down, and we tested it for that and that didn't work either.

Well,that's not very encouraging.

OT:

Very noticeable lack of chin hair in your avatar.

Well balanced hormones are +EV.

Haven't been thru menopause yet. Give me time. ;)

Post like this is why I guessed you wore granny panties

Get to know your neighbors and keep a celluar phone handy

My friend got one of those things for his mom that hang around neck,when she had an incident that ultimately cost her life they did not respond at all