RIP RAV

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas is becoming a horrible place for accidents

Too many drunk and stupid drivers here. Last month right near my house a drunk women made a left hand turn into a motorcyclist and killed him. About 2 months ago a drunk smashed into a 16 yr old that was stopped at a red  light and killed him. The driver already had about 4-5 DUI's.

Too many drunk and stupid drivers here. Last month right near my house a drunk women made a left hand turn into a motorcyclist and killed him. About 2 months ago a drunk smashed into a 16 yr old that was stopped at a red  light and killed him. The driver already had about 4-5 DUI's.

Could not agree more... Too many distractions, alcohol, cell phones...

punishment for the 1st drunk driving is too harsh (.08 and they immediately suspend license here)

but the punishment for 4th dui should be death penalty... anyone that endangers innocent lives that often after already being caught 3 times has no business living

Cell phone use here in Nevada.. 1st time $50.00 bucks... That needs to be 2,000.00.. Got fucked up by a 20 year old texting his girlfriend at 8:05 am about where they doing lunch, going 60 miles per hour north on Rainbow, ran the red light and T-Boned me going west on Sahara... So far $180,000 worth of medical bills...and missed 5.5 months of work... Stupid FUCKER!!!!

Cell phone use here in Nevada.. 1st time $50.00 bucks... That needs to be 2,000.00.. Got fucked up by a 20 year old texting his girlfriend at 8:05 am about where they doing lunch, going 60 miles per hour north on Rainbow, ran the red light and T-Boned me going west on Sahara... So far $180,000 worth of medical bills...and missed 5.5 months of work... Stupid FUCKER!!!!

yikes

you're right, first time $2000, 2nd time $10,000, 3rd time chop off an ear

the penalties for selfishly endangering other people's lives time and time again, even after being caught, are way too fucking lenient

I just bought a new 2017 grey Ford Explorer, great car highly recommend dibs. Much nicer, bigger, and SAFER than the vehicle you were in. Ironically, although I've never been in an accident, I bought the car mainly bc it's big and safe. I wanted a big car precisely for reasons you've pictured and chronicled in this thread.

Glad you're ok. Since you're obviously getting a new car soon basically for free from the insurance company, I highly recommend a Ford Explorer. Plus it's an American car...you're President would be proud  :btj

Texting and driving is still not a crime in the AZ.

:laugh

I love our Conservative state, but thats just dumb.  Texting and driving is far more dangerous than driving a little buzzed at .08.  Far more. 

I just bought a new 2017 grey Ford Explorer, great car highly recommend dibs. Much nicer, bigger, and SAFER than the vehicle you were in. Ironically, although I've never been in an accident, I bought the car mainly bc it's big and safe. I wanted a big car precisely for reasons you've pictured and chronicled in this thread.

Glad you're ok. Since you're obviously getting a new car soon basically for free from the insurance company, I highly recommend a Ford Explorer. Plus it's an American car...you're President would be proud  :btj

Congrats on the new vehicle.  Post a pic.  Lets see that bad boy.

And my new vehicle will not be "on the insurance company".  I will be lucky if they pay for the balance.  Even though I basically put 8k down via my trade in.  I got fucked here financially by my own mistake.  So justice has been served in that department.  This mistake cost me a minimum of my trade in.  I only had the vehicle 6 months.  

And no.  I will not look at a FORD.  No fucking way pal.  Not in this class. 

Probably gonna go CRV or ROGUE.  Didn't like the huge blind spot in the RAV anyway.  Was very dangerous.  Maybe this happened for a reason...

The policeman told me there is no such thing as a car accident, they are car wrecks, because they are all preventable and caused by one or the other neglecting to be a responsible driver... Made sense too me... Asshole speeding, ran a red light, while busy texting on his phone...

The policeman told me there is no such thing as a car accident, they are car wrecks

I actually heard this in the hospital on Thursday.  Same exact line.  Don't know where it came from.  Somebody on the staff said it.

And while mostly true, its bullshit.  So many "accidents" are not due to things that could have been preventable.  Sometimes, shit happens.  And nobody get cited for it. 

Need an SUV or truck to transport the big POOCH.  

Don't need a big SUV.  Don't need a truck.  

Small SUV will do.  Gets good gas mileage.  Works for our needs.  

RAV, ROGUE, CRV are the options.  Will not go RAV again due to the blind spots. 

subaru is too much of a station wagon for ya?