RIP RAV

Sol Aristatel

I would love to buy american everything.

Can you recommend a good TV?

CAR?

Phone?

computer?

Appliance?

Do we make anything better anymore? Why did we let this happen? It never should have.

So you're saying let them have EVERYTHING including the auto industry? Where I live, our area depends on the American auto industry. GM, JEEP, CHRYSLER you name it. Only people in the Midwest can understand this

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying let them have EVERYTHING including the auto industry? Where I live, our area depends on the American auto industry. GM, JEEP, CHRYSLER you name it. Only people in the Midwest can understand this

My RAM was made in mexico.  Why?

Chrysler fiat product.  

Big trucks are the only quality vehicles.  We could/should be making better ones because we are more than capable.

I would love to buy american everything.

Can you recommend a good TV?

CAR?

Phone?

computer?

Appliance?

Do we make anything better anymore?  Why did we let this happen?  It never should have.

I just went through a round of car shopping.

I couldn't endorse one American made vehicle I handled. Just poor quality and workmanship.

I spent alot of time at the Honda Odyssey plant in Alliston and the Chrysler plant in Brampton Ontario back around 2001 -2004.

The difference between the two plants was striking.

At Honda everyone wore white uniforms with white overcoats and the plant was operated just like it would be in Japan. The plant was spotless and everything ran on schedule, precision like. At Honda you didn't start your break until the bell went off letting employees know it was time for break. The cafeteria was huuuge, with excellent food and meals were subsidized by Honda. They also provided an indoor skating rink, workout room and pool for employees. Honda is non union but pays union rates.

Compare that to Chrysler Brampton where employees dressed as the pleased, floors looked dirty/grimy and there was lots of employees farting around. They played cards while on the job.

The cafeteria was tiny compared to Hondas. Chrysler is unionized and pay union wages.

When the line was down at Chrylser employees did nothing, when the line was down at Honda employess grabbed brooms and other cleaning supplies and began cleaning their work areas.

Honda employees took pride in their work, Chrysler guys just put in the minimum required. I saw this first hand.

Honda > Chrysler IMO.

BTW Ontario produces GM, Chrysler,Ford, Toyota, Lexus, and Honda vehicles.

Never seen Smoker so fired up like this.

FIESTY!

The American Auto Industry hit a NERVE. Brought him out of the character.

Have family and friends who have logged many of years inside American automotive factories. This isn't arizona. This is the midwest. It means a lot to me. Sad to see people buy Japanese cars where the profits get shipped overseas to the Japs and hurts the American auto companies!.

Have family and friends who have logged many of years inside American automotive factories. This isn't arizona. This is the midwest. It means a lot to me. Sad to see people buy Japanese cars where the profits get shipped overseas to the Japs and hurts the American auto companies!.

Understood, pal.  But that doesn't mean American car companies have kept pace with the market.  And it doesn't diminish your friend's and family's hard work. 

I spent alot of time at the Honda Odyssey plant in Alliston and the Chrysler plant in Brampton Ontario back around 2001 -2004.

The difference between the two plants was striking.

At Honda everyone wore white uniforms with white overcoats and the plant was operated just like it would be in Japan. The plant was spotless and everything ran on schedule, precision like. At Honda you didn't start your break until the bell went off letting employees know it was time for break. The cafeteria was huuuge, with excellent food and meals were subsidized by Honda. They also provided an indoor skating rink, workout room and pool for employees. Honda is non union but pays union rates.

Compare that to Chrysler Brampton where employees dressed as the pleased, floors looked dirty/grimy and there was lots of employees farting around. They played cards while on the job.

The cafeteria was tiny compared to Hondas. Chrysler is unionized and pay union wages.

When the line was down at Chrylser employees did nothing, when the line was down at Honda employess grabbed brooms and other cleaning supplies and began cleaning their work areas.

Honda employees took pride in their work, Chrysler guys just put in the minimum required. I saw this first hand.

Honda > Chrysler IMO.

I believe it. 

We need to make better products than smoke.  I want to buy american.

I am the kind of guy that avoids home depot and lowes and try to use small specialty vendors just to get them business. 

I believe it. 

I was a truck driver and moved trailers into the doors at Honda as they needed parts, just in time style. Watching the Honda facility operate was a thing of beauty. Precision like with everyone doing something and appearing to be very productive. The Japanese know how to run a manufacturing facility. Efficient, very efficient.

Understood, pal. But that doesn't mean American car companies have kept pace with the market. And it doesn't diminish your friend's and family's hard work.

Thank you for understanding. My dad did over close to 30 years in American auto factories in and around the detroit area. Most on the assembly line. He busted his ass. Always bought American. Would never let any of us even think of a Jap car. We love our American made vehicles and drive them with pride

Thank you for understanding. My dad did over close to 30 years in American auto factories in and around the detroit area. Most on the assembly line. He busted his ass. Always bought American. Would never let any of us even think of a Jap car. We love our American made vehicles and drive them with pride

Americans have been hard workers for years.  Thats what has made this country.  We need to get back to that. 

Nose to the ground.  Grind in out.