i read something on wikipedia that made me feel better

TeamGSP

a 90 year old legend don rickles passed away today

he finally married at the age of 38 way back then to a lady named barbara sklar just because she failed to get his sense of humor?

WOW because they were still married till he died today

Well anyways the part of what i read made me feel better because i've been watching skits from the carol burnett show on youtube for the last 6 months or so.  It's a very legendary show from the 60s and 70s but some of the skits on there i like a lot.

But then there's the most famous 1 about tim conway's elephant story.  I fail miserably at getting the humor and even after my sloppy research over the internet  i still don't get it.  I am very sad at myself.

I hope that 1 day i can finally get the elephant story but tim conway to me has a lot of funny skits especially the ones that involve him walking slow by sliding his feet an inch at a time to progress  LOL

anyways here's the elephant story from tim conway on the show i'm talking about:

can anyone find the humor in this one?  i don't  

a 90 year old legend don rickles passed away today

he finally married at the age of 38 way back then to a lady named barbara sklar just because she failed to get his sense of humor?

WOW because they were still married till he died today

Well anyways the part of what i read made me feel better because i've been watching skits from the carol burnett show on youtube for the last 6 months or so.  It's a very legendary show from the 60s and 70s but some of the skits on there i like a lot.

But then there's the most famous 1 about tim conway's elephant story.  I fail miserably at getting the humor and even after my sloppy research over the internet  i still don't get it.  I am very sad at myself.

I hope that 1 day i can finally get the elephant story but tim conway to me has a lot of funny skits especially the ones that involve him walking slow by sliding his feet an inch at a time to progress  LOL

anyways here's the elephant story from tim conway on the show i'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

can anyone find the humor in this one?  i don't

Tim Conway was NEVER funny.

That guy was one of the worst UNFUNNY idiots that ever made money as a "comedian".

Here's what I found GSP

In this sketch, the family is playing Password and Conway is trying to steal the word "ridiculous". They give him the hints "absurd" and "laughable", at which point he launches into the elephant story. The script required him to finish the story, but the rest of the cast broke up in the middle. Then Vicki Lawrence throws in "Are you sure that little asshole is through?" and it all falls apart.

Conway was apparently given great license with his lines, and all that the cast knew was that the elephant strory was changed, and going to be longer. The funniest part is watching Carol crack up and Vicky Lawrence's line "are you sure this little asshole is thru?" at the end.

I don't think it's funny on it's own, but I suppose if you understood what was happening live, it might be funny.