rdalert447

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sunday 6/11/17

Belmont Festival is over, the big barns are hitting the road, leaving opportunities for the rank and file NY trainers:

Race 2

$20 win #1 E Warfare 15-1

$1 ex ALL/1

Horse has been showing good early speed before fading in Allowance ranks. Back to the dirt, drop into a claimer, and jock switch to Saez. Hoping all that wakes him up, and his speed goes a little further at this lower lever for an under the radar trainer.

Race 3

$20 win #1 Evidently 10-1

$1ex ALL/1

Has been very competitive in Stakes marathon races, so should appreciate the drop to Allowance level for another under the radar trainer. The problem is, the field is probably Stakes quality, so demand a price.

Race 6

$20 win #2 Codys Notes 20-1

$2 exbx 2-5

Probably a reach, but will be a big price for an under the radar NY guy, plus Diaz Jr up is a draw. Gonna need some speed up front to compliment his closing kick.

Race 7

$20 win #2 Brooklyn Bobby 5-1

$2 DD 2-4

I missed Lynch's 4 winners this week, so I'll keep chasing like an idiot.

Race 8

$20 win #4 Memories of Peter 8-1

Generazio put the cherry on top of a great meet with a nice Stakes win yesterday. I'll chase for another twenty.

Good luck, folks!

Wednesday 6/21/17

Played two in the second half of the card:

Race 6

$20 win #8 Professor Snape 12-1

$2 exbx 8/7,9

$2 DD 7,8,9/9

First off the claim for Rice, and she moves him dirt to turf. It's my belief she does her best work going long on turf, and she's usually ignored in that mode. Sitting at about 15-1 with 16 mtp. If it was a turf sprint, she'd be 4-1.

Race 7

$20 win #9 Majestic Tom 5-1

Barbara going long on turf, after a long layoff used to be a great angle when he was rocking and rolling. Lean times for him lately, but his horses have been showing signs of life. One try to recapture the magic here. Saez up is a big plus. Second best turf jockey in NY, next to Rosario.

Good luck men!