Indy 500 outrage: Sports reporter slammed for 'racist' tweet about a Deemer-like-winner

sugardaddy

A Denver sportswriter is being slammed on social media after firing off a “racist” tweet about the winner of the Indy 500 being Japanese.

“Nothing specifically personal, but I am very uncomfortable with a Japanese driver winning the Indianapolis 500 during Memorial Day weekend,” wrote Terry Frei, of the Denver Post.

His tweet came about an hour after former Formula One driver Takuma Sato made history Sunday by taking home the checkered flag and becoming the first Japanese winner in history.

It wound up sparking a wave of backlash, with countless Twitter users blasting him throughout the evening for being insensitive.

“SPECIFICALLY personal, i am very uncomfortable w your racism, xenophobia & lack of understanding of what the Indianapolis 500 is all about,” tweeted Megan Brown.

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/auto/2017/05/29/indy-500-outrage-sports-reporter-slammed-for-racist-tweet-about-winner/_jcr_content/par/featured_image/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1496061586870.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/05/29/indy-500-outrage-sports-reporter-slammed-for-racist-tweet-about-winner.html

First Nathan's hot dog eating contest on 4th of july.

Now indy 500 on Memorial day

What's next??

Isn't this a good idea?  Entertainment while not being at work?

Or is our vacation time on National holidays supposed to be spent on knees with head bowed, like the faithful, keeping only the reverence for the day in one's thoughts?

Seems like you are mixing religion into our National holidays.  I know your priest does not want you to have any fun - but it is certainly not Un-American to do so.

Isn't this a good idea?  Entertainment while not being at work?

Or is our vacation time on National holidays supposed to be spent on knees with head bowed, like the faithful, keeping only the reverence for the day in one's thoughts?

Seems like you are mixing religion into our National holidays.  I know your priest does not want you to have any fun - but it is certainly not Un-American to do so.

you misunderstood his post

he was saying first the Japanese won the eating contest and now they won the race

you misunderstood his post

he was saying first the Japanese won the eating contest and now they won the race

Ahh Sooo.  I do a lot of that misunderstanding.

In my defense:

1.  Boatstradamus likes to speak in riddles, and

2.  The English Language can be misinterpreted so easily.