Mayweather vs. McGregor Presser LIVE right now

KingRevolver

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at 155lb you must wear 10oz gloves per commission rules fuktard!

Moron... I told Bfo in an earlier post that the commission had rules and I wasn't sure if lighter gloves could be done for this fight.

But I also know that the Nevada Boxing Commission would bend the rules if Mayweather persisted on something being allowed in this fight. Commission is not going to pass up this moneymaker.

Guest pocketrockets

boxing expert :laugh

+1

guy has not landed a round punch in his whole life, but yeah expert

thats like me saying im a poker expert, but I have never played more than 2 hrs.

Guest pocketrockets

I dont like it. Is classless.

However when i see money saying "yeah, yeah, yeah" like a moron while being booed i just wanna see him get busted fugly more.

Adds to the tension

Save meself typin' what I did at Peeps...

Arguably the best boxer of all time vs a guy that has had 0 professional fights as a boxer.

I think the analysis is much more complicated than that.

Boxing involves a very limited range of the human body's striking power by restricting it to fists only. It also has a limited range of responses from the defender turning to counterpuncher/attacker. It's a pretty simple script and some execute it better than others. 

Even if Mayweather is the best boxer of all time, that may be near to irrelevant as he's not fighting a boxer and the guy he's up against isn't stupid enough to believe he's a boxer. He's just one the greatest MMA fighters of all time who can't kick you in the throat or rassle you to the canvas. The sum of everything Conor McGregor is and knows about human physical conflict minus the MMA tactics not allowed is considerably greater than the total of everything Floyd Mayweather is and knows about boxing. He is NOT facing a boxer.

McGregor has seen a much wider range of striking blows coming at him from every angle, standing and spinning and being held and punched, and lying on the canvas. He is used to countering danger from anywhere and at any time from inside the cage. In this fight, he has a guy throwing punches at him. That's it. I doubt Conor is going to say, as Mayweather takes his stance and raises his fists "Oh fooking hell, I'm in for it now."

He has a much vaster range of footwork in the ring than Mayweather, and the ability to use that footwork to minimize punching effect or avoid it altogether while being able to quickly turn to attack from much greater angles than Mayweather is used to. He can use the spinning backhand punch to great effect, and although he can't kick, he can fake kicks. And do other things that will distract Mayweather. He is more likely to get a killer punch in on Mayweather than Mayweather is on him.

He will have a huge advantage over Mayweather in the clinches, and he is a much more dangerous man with a much wider experience of human conflict than Mayweather.

Don't let your racist hatred of the white ginger lead you to betting against the winner.

Ask yourself this. If this was an MMA matchup, would Mayweather last 30 seconds?

McGregor was entertaining in all 4. Really owned Floyd in London.

MayWeather was horrible in all of them, except Toronto. It was like rubbernecking at a car accident. Was difficult to watch.

The only thing MayWeather said that was slightly entertaining was the Dana White pimping McGregor angle. Even Conor was laughing because he knows it's true. Other then that, very hard to watch.

Floyd is an idiot who can't even read. His illiteracy translated very clearly to these pressers.

Guest boatboatboat

Floyd will win.

its a boxing match

he is a great boxer

But, McGregor................. if he can land the right punch. Just one time. Could get interesting real quick. And as Paddy said he CAN FAKE kicks. As long as no contact is made, 100% within the rules.

A round house here and there about 6 inches over Floyds head followed by a spinning back hand punch. If nothing else certainly a style Floyd has never seen.

Floyd can not knock out McGregor with one punch. But I do think if he can connect (which I don't think he will) McGregor can most certainly drop Floyd to the canvas.

Floyd will win.

its a boxing match

he is a great boxer

But, McGregor................. if he can land the right punch. Just one time. Could get interesting real quick. And as Paddy said he CAN FAKE kicks. As long as no contact is made, 100% within the rules.

A round house here and there about 6 inches over Floyds head followed by a spinning back hand punch. If nothing else certainly a style Floyd has never seen.

Floyd can not knock out McGregor with one punch. But I do think if he can connect (which I don't think he will) McGregor can most certainly drop Floyd to the canvas.

Maybe once or twice, but the ref will warn him not to do it again.  Lock city.  It's all left to the discretion of the ref.