RFID Chip

Balco

Wisconsin company to implant microchips in its employees in August

By Jade Scipioni

Published July 24, 2017Technology FOXBusiness

A Wisconsin tech company says they are about to become the first business in the U.S. to offer microchip implants to its employees.

Three Square Market (32M), a River Falls-based software design company, says starting August 1st, it will be offering microchips to all their employees. The chips will be implanted underneath the skin between the thumb and forefinger, which will allow employees to pay for food and drinks in the company’s break room, open security doors, and login into their computers without any special cards—or passwords.

“Eventually, this technology will become standardized allowing you to use this as your passport, public transit, all purchasing opportunities, etc.," Todd Westby, 32M CEO said in a company press release.

The technology the company is using is called RFID or (Radio-Frequency Identification) that uses electromagnetic fields to identify electronically-stored information. The chips will also use near-field communications (NFC), the same type of technology that is used in most contactless credit cards and mobile payments. Westby says these microchips have already become very popular in many European markets around the world and they want to be ahead of the curb in bringing it to the U.S.

"We see chip technology as the next evolution in payment systems, much like micro markets have steadily replaced vending machines. As a leader in micro market technology, it is important that 32M continues leading the way with advancements such as chip implants," Westby said.

Each chip costs about $300 and Westby says that more than fifty employees are expected to partake in the new program next week. However, he does stress that the program is optional for those who wish to opt out.

You might have some located in your bathroom.

RFID stands for Radio Frequency IDentification, a technology that uses tiny computer chips smaller than a grain of sand to track items at a distance. RFID "spy chips" have been hidden in the packaging of Gillette razor products and in other products you might buy at a local Wal-Mart, Target, or Tesco - and they are already being used to spy on people.

Each tiny chip is hooked up to an antenna that picks up electromagnetic energy beamed at it from a reader device. When it picks up the energy, the chip sends back its unique identification number to the reader device, allowing the item to be remotely identified. Spy chips can beam back information anywhere from a couple of inches to up to 20 or 30 feet away.

Photo: © Liz McIntyre 2003

Shown at left is a magnified image of actual tag found in Gillette Mach3 razor blades.

Note: The chip appears as the tiny black square component. The coil of wires surrounding the chip is the antenna, which transmits your information to a reader device, which can be located anywhere!

I decided a while back to accept that 95% or more of my life can be seen by one or more cameras at all times.

So I do my best to be as entertaining as possible....a lot more audible self talk and the occasional Imaginary Conversation which of course I Always Win.

Oh, for small fee I will carry a 3x5 notecard imprinted with bright red TGF.COM and promise to raise it up towards the surveilance teams at least six times daily

You might have some located in your bathroom.

RFID stands for Radio Frequency IDentification, a technology that uses tiny computer chips smaller than a grain of sand to track items at a distance. RFID "spy chips" have been hidden in the packaging of Gillette razor products and in other products you might buy at a local Wal-Mart, Target, or Tesco - and they are already being used to spy on people.

Each tiny chip is hooked up to an antenna that picks up electromagnetic energy beamed at it from a reader device. When it picks up the energy, the chip sends back its unique identification number to the reader device, allowing the item to be remotely identified. Spy chips can beam back information anywhere from a couple of inches to up to 20 or 30 feet away.

Photo: © Liz McIntyre 2003

Shown at left is a magnified image of actual tag found in Gillette Mach3 razor blades.

Note: The chip appears as the tiny black square component. The coil of wires surrounding the chip is the antenna, which transmits your information to a reader device, which can be located anywhere!

I only shave my face a couple times a week thanks to good dose of Native American in my bloodlines so the chips noted above will not deliver much of a show to the Agents of Them

I decided a while back to accept that 95% or more of my life can be seen by one or more cameras at all times.

So I do my best to be as entertaining as possible....a lot more audible self talk and the occasional Imaginary Conversation which of course I Always Win.

Oh, for small fee I will carry a 3x5 notecard imprinted with bright red TGF.COM and promise to raise it up towards the surveilance teams at least six times daily

Lol

Wisconsin company to implant microchips in its employees in August

By Jade Scipioni

Published July 24, 2017Technology FOXBusiness

A Wisconsin tech company says they are about to become the first business in the U.S. to offer microchip implants to its employees.

Three Square Market (32M), a River Falls-based software design company, says starting August 1st, it will be offering microchips to all their employees. The chips will be implanted underneath the skin between the thumb and forefinger, which will allow employees to pay for food and drinks in the company’s break room, open security doors, and login into their computers without any special cards—or passwords.

“Eventually, this technology will become standardized allowing you to use this as your passport, public transit, all purchasing opportunities, etc.," Todd Westby, 32M CEO said in a company press release.

The technology the company is using is called RFID or (Radio-Frequency Identification) that uses electromagnetic fields to identify electronically-stored information. The chips will also use near-field communications (NFC), the same type of technology that is used in most contactless credit cards and mobile payments. Westby says these microchips have already become very popular in many European markets around the world and they want to be ahead of the curb in bringing it to the U.S.

"We see chip technology as the next evolution in payment systems, much like micro markets have steadily replaced vending machines. As a leader in micro market technology, it is important that 32M continues leading the way with advancements such as chip implants," Westby said.

Each chip costs about $300 and Westby says that more than fifty employees are expected to partake in the new program next week. However, he does stress that the program is optional for those who wish to opt out.

Fake news.  Publicity stunt.  Gotta be.  Just dumb.

Are people going to start wearing gloves so people can't read the chips in their hand and start getting free Cheetos from those very vending machines?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pocketrockets

:laugh