What are some contributing factors to an NFL blowout?

Teddy kgb

Have you ever dissected an NFL blowout post game and found things that had you shaking your head and asking yourself how you missed the writing on the wall?

Let's get a check off list off factors that contribute to an NFL blowout and see if we can imply it weekly to see if 'X' amount off the list, produces easy winners?

Travel?

O-line v D-line

Size of CB vs receiver

Injury to key players who don't play glamour positions

Cold/warm weather teams out of element

Wind/rain in forecast

Let's get 20-25 and try to track all year and see how many blowouts we spot pre-game...

Short rest

West coast traveling East

Turnover margin (differential between teams)

Non-division games (divisional games seem to stay closer, no data to back that up)

Strength on weakness is hard to quantify, but you could look at like:

High yards per pass attempt offense vs bad yards per pass attempt defense

High yards per rush vs bad yards per rush defense

Non-division games (divisional games seem to stay closer, no data to back that up)

That has to be where most blowouts come from but it can't be played blind I'm sure......what factors would make it stronger then the others?

I'm sure some coaches approach these games with a 'who cares' if we lose mentality....just have to figure out why and when

Short rest

West coast traveling East

Turnover margin (differential between teams)

Strength on weakness is hard to quantify, but you could look at like:

High yards per pass attempt offense vs bad yards per pass attempt defense

High yards per rush vs bad yards per rush defense

Nothing bigger than Turnovers.  A team that wins the TO battle usually wins.  A team that dominates it usually wins in a blowout.  Unfortunately, it's so often a random thing, it's hard to handicap, other than knowing guys like Rodgers and Brady are always near the bottom in turning it over.  

Belicheck against rookie qb's......Turnover battle is big.........NY Jets this year against anyone, take the team jets are playing.....

I swear bellichek always covers against rookies. I remember time and time again laying double digits with him regardless of the situation and it feels like he covers everytime against rookies. He always confuses them with different schemes and gets them to turn the ball over a ton.