How does a convenience store not make money hand over fist?

sleepy

Every time I go to Kwik Trip, Holiday or SA no matter what time of day there is always 5-6 cars gasing up and inside there is always a line 6 people deep of people buying their massively inflated priced soda, chips, cigs, etc. Also always at least one dumb ass buying $50 of lotto tickets.

Can you buy your own Kwik Trip. Got to easily make 1k a day in profits alone.

Guest boatboatboat

QuikTrip Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Founded in 1958, QuikTrip has grown to a more than $11 billion company with 700+ stores in eleven states. Those revenues place QuikTrip high on the Forbes listing of largest privately held companies

It's the inside goods they make a killing on. Been told around .10 gallon outside. Lotto not huge but consistent monthly income if your store does good volume.

Yes, they make 8-10 cents /gallon of gas. Lottery is about 3-5 %, but they do get a percentage of the winnings sold from the store, varies from state to state. Smokes are very low profit item also, and they don't get credit for stale either. The store has to have high volume on gas, and hopefully they go inside and not pay at the pump.

Yes, they make 8-10 cents /gallon of gas. Lottery is about 3-5 %, but they do get a percentage of the winnings sold from the store, varies from state to state. Smokes are very low profit item also, and they don't get credit for stale either. The store has to have high volume on gas, and hopefully they go inside and not pay at the pump.

Word I thought I would never hear out of FW's mouth..... "Smokes. "

It's always the lower income class types that spend their money at those convenience stores. I guess that's why they have no money.

I have done it if I am being lazy, but I am always thinking to myself that I'm just throwing money out the window.

Before the pay at the pump option(mandatory In someplaces)

Customers had to come in to pay for gas

That caused a lot of impulse buying that just isn't there anymore

Also might be too busy putting out Falcon plays

That really started after 9-11 when gas was outrageous. There were driveoffs everywhere. Now people realize the convienence of it and never step in the store.

That really started after 9-11 when gas was outrageous. There were driveoffs everywhere. Now people realize the convienence of it and never step in the store.

We have what's call Casey's Law

About 8 years ago someone drove off without paying

And the gas Attendant (Casey)chased after him and got killed when he was dragged to death

Yeah. He said they don't make shit on cigs. Indian guy I know aND they make pretty good money with a few but the whole family works them and it's pretty long hours. And what you said, they have to have good volume.

Slurpee machine a big money maker too but SSI and Apache can never keep it up and running with all the systems they're putting out.

true, I remember places where you had to go in and pay for the gas and have them flip the switch or whatever to enable the pump

QuikTrip Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Founded in 1958, QuikTrip has grown to a more than $11 billion company with 700+ stores in eleven states. Those revenues place QuikTrip high on the Forbes listing of largest privately held companies

Customer service at QT is top notch as well.  The Safeway and ChickFilA of the convenience store realm.