Anyone worried about their Shitcoins or are you squared away ?

Sam Odom

I'm actually a little surprised other coins aren't going higher.  Figured some people would be moving to other coins at least temporarily until the fork is complete.  But there doesn't seem to be any upward price pressure ATM in alt coins.  Maybe that changes tomorrow.

been waiting for litecoin to do something for a while. bought some 2-3 months ago and id doubled in a few weeks. then stalled

Nitro

Jul. 30 @ 08:00 EST – All withdrawals will be stopped. Any withdrawals made before the cutoff time will be processed normally.

Aug. 1 @ 04:00 EST – All deposits will be stopped. Any deposits made before the cutoff time will clear after 1 or more confirmation.

Aug. 1 @ 06:00 EST – 3 Card Poker, Baccarat, and Poker will be unavailable to all players for a short time.

Aug. 1 @ 12:00 EST – Assuming network stability, deposits will be reactivated.

Aug. 1 @ 17:00 EST – Assuming network stability, withdrawals will be reactivated.

After the split you will own two coins, BTC and Bitcoin Cash (BCC) that will go by BCH at some exchanges.

Do not leave your BTC in Coinbase or exchanges not supported by BCC. You will not receive BCC at these exchanges.

You can leave coins in Bittrex, Kraken or Bitfinex to ger credited with BCH and you should be able to trade and cash out shortly after.

You will also have coins, both BTC and BCC, in wallets where you control private keys.

Ethereum deposits require 12 confirmations before they will be credited at my crypto exchange (QuadrigaCX).

It currently takes ~2 minutes for ethereum network to confirm 12 times, thats incredibly fast.

Bitcoin needs to increase speed and lower fees.

I was holding a tiny amount of altcoins, less than $150 total but I converted everything to ethereum and cashed out.

After the split you will own two coins, BTC and Bitcoin Cash (BCC) that will go by BCH at some exchanges.

Do not leave your BTC in Coinbase or exchanges not supported by BCC. You will not receive BCC at these exchanges.

You can leave coins in Bittrex, Kraken or Bitfinex to ger credited with BCH and you should be able to trade and cash out shortly after.

You will also have coins, both BTC and BCC, in wallets where you control private keys.

thanks plommer and spankie for the warning

:jerk

Ethereum deposits require 12 confirmations before they will be credited at my crypto exchange (QuadrigaCX).

It currently takes ~2 minutes for ethereum network to confirm 12 times, thats incredibly fast.

Bitcoin needs to increase speed and lower fees.

I was holding a tiny amount of altcoins, less than $150 total but I converted everything to ethereum and cashed out.

It will sometime after the split. SegWit should be activated and an increase in the block size from 1 MB to 2 MB. BCC increases the block size to 8 MB.

thanks plommer and spankie for the warning

:jerk

Kolzig I'm kinda bearish on bitcoin right now pal.

I don't use it as much as alot of you guys do because I have mainstream ways of getting money to/from Pinnacle and Will Hill.

Specifically ecopayz, they offer Mastercard branded debit cards in US Dollars and Euros and I can withdraw from the card or directly to my bank. Can add funds via credit card for a 2.9% fee or go to the corner store and buy a voucher and deposit using that. I don't need bitcoin at all.

https://www.ecopayz.com/en/

One of my pet peeves with bitcoin is the residue left over from transactions, ie tiny amounts of bitcoin that cant be used or even merged because the amounts are small.

I tried emptying out my bitpay visa card but there is $1.24 that is stuck in there and unspendable because bitpay won't allow it to get moved to my available balance from my personal wallet.