What is the most exotic place you've ever been to?

GreenDoberman

I read Conde Nast Traveler regularly ($4.95 yearly subscription +EV).  

They go to some crazy ass places.

I'm not an outdoorsman or camper to any degree.  Would like to go to Henry Miller's place on Big Sur, as last time I just passed it.

Next big vacation trip overseas will either be England for soccer matches, or Croatia/Slovenia for food/history/etc.

I have no tips for you.

I'm Irish so would love at least Dublin, but the sheep and fences might be a bit much.

Everyone who went to Amsterdam raved about it.

Can't think Barcelona would suck.

If I had my wish I'd do England for 2 soccer matches, Italy for wine country, then Slovenia/Croatia for scenery and food.

I have no tips for you.

I'm Irish so would love at least Dublin, but the sheep and fences might be a bit much.

Everyone who went to Amsterdam raved about it.

Can't think Barcelona would suck.

If I had my wish I'd do England for 2 soccer matches, Italy for wine country, then Slovenia/Croatia for scenery and food.

I really would like to see a soccer match in Europe too. Had a chance to go to a Real Madrid game and didn't last time I was in Spain and regret it.

I'm a monstrous Manchester City fan.  Have been since 1995.  Lived through the horrible years, then they got bought out by the oil money and now they are playing with the big boys.

I turned into a fan because I used to drink regularly at a British Pub here in Vegas and every morning they'd show the EPL games.  All these guys would come in and were Man Utd. fans.  They struck me as glory hunter/front runner/Yankee-esque fans.  

At the time City was D2, two division below the league. 

I followed them live and dieand my dream is still to go see a game there.

Vegas is getting a minor league soccer team near my work.  I will be there to support and promote them next year.

I'm heading to Europe in a few weeks. Have to head to Ireland for work and have no desire to go there, so my boss agreed to let me take a week off for personal travel. Thinking maybe Amsterdam and Barcelona.

Chilly there and more often than not the wind will get to you.  

My wife and son rtnd last night and highs are in the upper 60's at best.  

In a few weeks you'll be putting your hands down your pants to keep them warm

Go to Espana and catch the bikinis ( and bikiniless') 

How long is the drive?

Drive from SF to LA is usually about 8 hours on the PCH if I remember correctly.  That of course without traffic issues.  We broke it up and drove from SF to San Simeon in one day, then from San Simeon to Anaheim the next morning.  This allowed us to make a few stops and enjoy the trip.  We stopped in the Monterey area for lunch.  That whole area around there is awesome.  

I think the PCH between LA and Monterey is closed right now due to part of the road collapsing.  Not sure exactly where that is at though and when it's going to be fixed. 

I think the PCH between LA and Monterey is closed right now due to part of the road collapsing.  Not sure exactly where that is at though and when it's going to be fixed. 

Looks like it's near Big Sur.  

Gonna take awhile to clean that up and make that section drivable again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/big-sur-landslide-coastal-highway.html?mcubz=1