OT: Anyone else hate having family in town?

KingRevolver

Be grateful.   I had hatred for years.

Cherish every moment with family.

They aren't perfect.  Neither am I..

Get it.

I am trying. HARD.....

I do think to myself that one day i might regret things BUT.....

When you are suffering and knowing a family member knows you need help yet they refuse to not only help they don't even pick up a phone to call or come by to check up on things.

There have been times i've been without a vehicle. Times where i was in bad shape and not one family member cared to help.

Instead of family it has mostly been the kindness of random strangers here and there who stepped up.

Guest pocketrockets

Bizarre that you used Boston George mom in Blow because not only does my mom act a lot like the mom in Blow but she looks a lot like her as well. We don't talk much especially the last couple months because she made bad comments to my GF about her mom who just passed away. When i pointed this out she went crazy and said i have so many days to return a book i borrowed from her as well as a bluetooth headset or she would call the law on me. Things like this have gone on for years i'm sick of the bullshit.

Oh wow Mike75... simply amazing

Kind of funny that gal is standing over there looking at the bikinis and work-out it wear.

Kinger where was that fleamarket? I may have been there. Looks familiar, I'm not a flea market type, but it seems like there was one that was a big deal out there, and my parents took me there when I was visiting them at their winter place. They weren't flea market types either, so not sure why we would have gone there, unless it was kind of a thing to do. Then again, my mom did like going to garage sales so maybe this was like a giant garage sale to her.

I love it when our family gets together. Never any fighting...a good time is had by all. When I was caring for my mom , every month one of my brothers would travel to visit. After she passed, it took a while to realize that they would not be coming all the time like they did when mom was alive. They weren't coming to see me, they were coming to see mom. Siblings tend to drift apart after the parents have died, unless they live close. Time goes so quickly. Enjoy your time with your family while you can Kinger. Even if it means going to a flea market.

Guest pocketrockets

Kind of funny that gal is standing over there looking at the bikinis and work-out it wear.

Kinger where was that fleamarket? I may have been there. Looks familiar, I'm not a flea market type, but it seems like there was one that was a big deal out there, and my parents took me there when I was visiting them at their winter place. They weren't flea market types either, so not sure why we would have gone there, unless it was kind of a thing to do. Then again, my mom did like going to garage sales so maybe this was like a giant garage sale to her.

I love it when our family gets together. Never any fighting...a good time is had by all. When I was caring for my mom , every month one of my brothers would travel to visit. After she passed, it took a while to realize that they would not be coming all the time like they did when mom was alive. They weren't coming to see me, they were coming to see mom. Siblings tend to drift apart after the parents have died, unless they live close. Time goes so quickly. Enjoy your time with your family while you can Kinger. Even if it means going to a flea market.

This.

And families are not even meant to get along always, hey, I often get into it with mine over stupid shit but when we go out to dinner or  a family bday/reunion we mostly have a great time, we have had some rough ones in the inner circle for the last 2 years and that has made us closer in some ways.

Once the uncle dies and you see your cousins suffer, and YOU suffer and you realize anything sudden can happen you start to cherish those moments and going out of your way to make space and time for family.

Guest pocketrockets

No, she came over for sex, and then I gave her a gummy bear and walked around the mall watching her fall all over the place.  fun times.

HAHAHAHAHA

A 420 gummy bear???? lol lol lol cracks me up

Rito is getting his exwife stoned and just sits and watch the rockus. Love it.

Guest pocketrockets

IF you don't like your family why associate with them?

I enjoy my family so I associate with them

But if I didn't enjoy their company I'd stop hanging with them

Pretty simple

he needs excuses to complain

alpha males dont bother with what they dont like to do or associate with

betas a la kinger carry the stone for others and smile in the process

just like he fakes he "owns" TGF to be the target of criticism while the real owner and his real boss dont get meddle in petty shit.

and we all know who that is

I am trying. HARD.....

I do think to myself that one day i might regret things BUT.....

When you are suffering and knowing a family member knows you need help yet they refuse to not only help they don't even pick up a phone to call or come by to check up on things.

There have been times i've been without a vehicle. Times where i was in bad shape and not one family member cared to help.

Instead of family it has mostly been the kindness of random strangers here and there who stepped up.

Count me as one who firmly believes that - especially in today's world - biological family ties can be easily overrated.

When our social order was more structured around a single geographic area and/or a very short list of money-earning occupations it likely made more sense to tolerate high levels of dysfunction and abuse (physical, mental, verbal) from certain family members because the overall economic value offset the stubbornly entrenched habits.

But in the year 2017 and onward, as never before "family" is better defined by those who we voluntarily and hopefully with some level of cheer choose to spend our time and invest our emotions.

I have four siblings and honestly have no heat with any of them, but I have somehow made my way through past 20 years seeing them a collective 10, maybe 12 times. We pretty simply have taken different paths and everyone seems to be rocking steady. My 81 year old mother stays connected with us all so I have awareness of their births and downline offspring and also their primary forms of business & employment but that's about it.

Fortunately no significant deaths among us five and our collective 11 spouses/ex spouses and our collective nine children and now five grandchildren.

I do have happy relationships with all three of my kids aged 29-34 and that is plenty. We have a shared understanding that the #1 and only rule within our family structure is a commitment to non-violence in both physical and verbal life and it serves us all quite well when we are together in same location for any length of time.