Selective Wagering of Heavy Chalk NHL Games...Day 26 out of 30

maron

Nothing revolutionary and requires little thought. While we struggle to find selective under dog value, the "public" has come up with their own system which seems to work well.

On a site that I follow, the visitors are polled for a confidence factor which is basically what one team do you think will win tonight. They list the lines but in reality it is mostly a survivor group mentality.

Unless there is only one or two games on the slate, the team that has the highest percentage gets the wager to win $100 in the face of any juice at the time.

Results after 26 days

• 18-8 +$661 = + 6.61 units

It is no system, just a straight bet no muss no fuss. With only four days left, unless they go 0-4...even 1-3 should collect a small profit.

pretty sure this will not work in the long term

that is what we were all taught to believe....Maybe the models have changed to account for underdog wagering. I have written about this and posted the picks for 26 of the thirty days. I can do it all season but I did not think nearing four weeks that the public would be like this.