For all you church goers like me please don't forget that Tuesday 8-15-017 is a Holy Day of Obligation. It is the Feast of the Assumption.

The Meatman

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually read up on this this morning and it appears the Meatman is correct in that Catholic belief system says that failure to attend mass is a grave/mortal sin.

As a Protestant, this seems almost unfathomable but who is to say.

Now I understand why Catholic friends I consider far less spiritual than myself, attend mass "religiously." I always just thought it was family tradition. I didn't know it had a basis in Catholic doctrine.

The third Commandment is:

Keep Holy the Sabbath Day.

If you don't attend Mass weekly you will NOT get into Heaven.

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

If you go to Mass every Sunday that is the BARE MINIMUM to get into Heaven.

If you don't go to church you have NO SHOT at getting in.

I have not missed Mass in almost a decade and maybe a total of ten(10) times since I got to Las Vegas in July 2003.

The last five(5) years I lived in Ne Orleans I may have missed Mass twice.

Dave "The Meathead" Scamdaliato

:laugh

You can make time to go to Las Vegas several times a year, but you can't spend an hour in church once a week.

God is watching you Sol.

I'll make you a deal David, if you can find me Scripture that specifically says you must attend Mass every week for salvation, then I will stop by your Church across from the Clown Joint and donate a twenty (20) spot on my next trip to the Strip.

I'll make you a deal David, if you can find me Scripture that specifically says you must attend Mass every week for salvation, then I will stop by your Church across from the Clown Joint and donate a twenty (20) spot on my next trip to the Strip.

We don't $20.00 Sol at the Guardian Angel Cathedral.

Thanks for the offer.

Of course when you and any of your family is on their death bed you'll be looking for a priest looking for Last Rites.

"The MeatMan"

No way. When members of my family are on their death bed many people visit, including minor-age boys. Could not risk having a Pedo Catholic priest in same building

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states that teaching clearly in No. 2181:

“The Sunday Eucharist is the foundation and confirmation of all Christian practice. For this reason the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation, unless excused for a serious reason (for example, illness, the care of infants).

Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit a grave sin.”

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states that teaching clearly in No. 2181:

“The Sunday Eucharist is the foundation and confirmation of all Christian practice. For this reason the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation, unless excused for a serious reason (for example, illness, the care of infants).

Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit a grave sin.”

That is not Scripture David. As a Christian, be careful following the words of man that fall outside of the teachings of Jesus Christ. That's where people get duped/scammed/taken to the woodshed.

That is not Scripture David. As a Christian, be careful following the words of man that fall outside of the teachings of Jesus Christ. That's where people get duped/scammed/taken to the woodshed.

If you miss Mass you can't take Communion until you go to Confession.

Sorry Sol. That's the rules.

Catholics kinda shrug off the whole 'Christian' thang....Much more respect given to whoever sits as Pope than that Jesus Christ guy