MikeYanks...Is Hal Saying that Yanks are Back in for Max?

maron

Cashman has indicated no but now Hal Steinbrenner has said that they are not afraid to spend money. He goes on to say that you dont need $200M to win but their are still holes on the team and he will do all he can to fill them?

Does this mean Max coming to NY?

What is the tenor in your part of the country on this?

Ya let's give up all out prospects for hammel. And then with whatever we have left lets give up them for Kimbrel which makes a ton of sense. Then we will have 3 closers too.

As for Max. I'm not sure. I hear conflicting reports. But I'm pretty sure you won't see them overpay. If he accepts what they think is a fair contract then so be it. On the other hand Hal and hank have been known to over rule Cashman and go overboard.

I personally don't really want him unless they can get him on a shorter deal. Even if that means overpaying per year. But with Boras has his agent it's doubtful.

The Tigers offered him $144 for 6 years. I don`t see him signing for anything under $175 if not more, that`s why he makes perfect sense if you look at the Yankees past 20 years.

Ya let's give up all out prospects for hammel. And then with whatever we have left lets give up them for Kimbrel which makes a ton of sense. Then we will have 3 closers too.

As for Max. I'm not sure. I hear conflicting reports. But I'm pretty sure you won't see them overpay. If he accepts what they think is a fair contract then so be it. On the other hand Hal and hank have been known to over rule Cashman and go overboard.

I personally don't really want him unless they can get him on a shorter deal. Even if that means overpaying per year. But with Boras has his agent it's doubtful.

The Tigers offered him $144 for 6 years. I don`t see him signing for anything under $175 if not more, that`s why he makes perfect sense if you look at the Yankees past 20 years.

Problem with the Yankees is they say one thing and do another. Spur of the moment type signings that they always regret down the road.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him 10 years at 25 per tomorrow though.