Diabler's 3rd Annual NFL Picks Thread (Westgate Style)

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

Seem to match up well with KC.  2-0 vs KC last year including a win at KC in the playoffs. 

NFL is a week by week proposition.  Pitt was actually the chalk (at some books) to win the Super Bowl heading into Sunday's games.  The first time in a while that it was a team other than New England.

Sure, they laid an egg at home against the Jags and that's concerning.  I think they will right the ship and play KC tough.  I'll take 4.5.  

Seem to match up well with KC.  2-0 vs KC last year including a win at KC in the playoffs. 

NFL is a week by week proposition.  Pitt was actually the chalk (at some books) to win the Super Bowl heading into Sunday's games.  The first time in a while that it was a team other than New England.

Sure, they laid an egg at home against the Jags and that's concerning.  I think they will right the ship and play KC tough.  I'll take 4.5.  

Well the Bears loss is more of a problem than last week...and they seem to have Oline problems as reflected in Ben's QBR and Bell's rushing stats....D looks ok but maybe not quite enough for Smith/Reid and company....we will agree to disagree on this one you did get a good # tho....

Well the Bears loss is more of a problem than last week...and they seem to have Oline problems as reflected in Ben's QBR and Bell's rushing stats....D looks ok but maybe not quite enough for Smith/Reid and company....we will agree to disagree on this one you did get a good # tho....

KC looks like the best team in the NFL right now.  So it's tough to go against them.

So much parity right now in the league.  Seems like even the best teams have some serious flaws.  

Week 6 picks:

Eagles +3.5 (Will Hill)  WIN

Lions +4.5 (Stations)  LOSS

Jaguars -2.5 (Widely Available)  LOSS

Jets +10 (Wynn)  WIN

Steelers +4.5 (Stations)  WIN

2017 Overall Record:

13-12

52%

Might be the last time I back Detroit this year.  Especially on the road.  Always a different team on the road.  I wasn't sold on the Saints though.  And I'm still not.  Jags a tough team to figure out.  Up.  Down.  Up.  Down.  

Eagles might be the class of the NFC.  Still undervalued IMO.  The Steelers just seem to have KC's number lately.  Jets got hosed, but still covered.  NE doing it with smoke and mirrors right now.  I'll continue to look for good spots to fade them while they continue to be overvalued.  

Week 6 results:  3-2

2017 Overall Record:

16-14

53%

• 2 weeks later...

Week 9 Plays:

Giants +4 (Will Hill)  LOSS

Buccaneers +7 (Westgate)  LOSS

Texans -11.5 (Westgate)  LOSS

Seahawks -6.5 (Wynn)  LOSS

Cowboys -2 (Westgate)  WIN

2017 Overall Record:

19-21

48%

What a debacle.  I completely suck right now.  Things need to turn around quick.  Being under 50% halfway through is no way to live life.

This is the last time I will bet a game with Tampa Bay and the New York Football Giants involved.  They are both disgraceful.  But the minute I fade them, those basturds will cover.  Fuck you Eli and Fuck you Crablegs.

Week 9 Record: 1-4

2017 Overall Record:

20-25

44%