Shooter in Vegas

gijoe066

I am happy to credit you with several good posts on this, but why would this guy do this? Why would he leave an arsenal of weapons, including explosives at home? Did he expect to escape? Why all the weapons in the room? 

He did have two rooms. 

I believe almost all the weapons in his room were rifles,  likely he used most of them, with 2 firing positions he probably had each one loaded and stacked, and would fire until it ran out of ammo(or overheated), and then ran to the next spot and grabbed the next one - then back and forth, no doubt he was exhausted.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe almost all the weapons in his room were rifles,  likely he used most of them, with 2 firing positions he probably had each one loaded and stacked, and would fire until it ran out of ammo(or overheated), and then ran to the next spot and grabbed the next one - then back and forth, no doubt he was exhausted.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

That is how orchestrate my crack pipes. :cigar

Suicide rate for professional video poker players is astronomically high

Look it up!!

If paddock was diagnosed with some terminal illness, he could very well have hatched some plan to get someone rich. Did you see the story about him trying to sue the cosmo for a lousy 100K after falling a few years back. the video is up on drudge, pretty clear it's a fake fall, he's a scammer.

If paddock was diagnosed with some terminal illness, he could very well have hatched some plan to get someone rich. Did you see the story about him trying to sue the cosmo for a lousy 100K after falling a few years back. the video is up on drudge, pretty clear it's a fake fall, he's a scammer.

YES, good points throughout this post.

Now you're talking.

with all that stuff in the room why  did he fire for only it seems from videos and timestamps and eye wittnesses listening  ~12 minutes.  security and police interviews estimate 10-15 minutes,  its stressful so estimates are not 100% accurate but lots of 10-12 min  or 10-15 minutes.

the SWAT bust in was 90 minutes later.

did he run out of his top AMMO ?

they say he did have a few shots back and forth  at Mandalay with some 6 police men or security guys  in hallway, who got up there first  (before SWAT).    (what time was that?)

it seems like he stopped firing quicker than 18 guns and all that AMMO would suggest was possible

with all that stuff in the room why  did he fire for only it seems from videos and timestamps and eye wittnesses listening  ~12 minutes.  security and police interviews estimate 10-15 minutes,  its stressful so estimates are not 100% accurate but lots of 10-12 min  or 10-15 minutes.

the SWAT bust in was 90 minutes later.

did he run out of his top AMMO ?

they say he did have a few shots back and forth  at Mandalay with some 6 police men or security guys  in hallway, who got up there first  (before SWAT).    (what time was that?)

it seems like he stopped firing quicker than 18 guns and all that AMMO would suggest was possible

Supposedly the guards got to his room after about 10 min, and he shot through the door(or wall) and wounded one in the leg, then the cops joined the guards and there were more shots. And then the key thing is they pulled back and waited for swat(another 40 min or so).

So the gunman probably thought they were going to come through the door soon  and shot himself, even though they really didn't come till later.

ok so there was  call it 40 minutes of no shots as in he killed himself  perhaps soon after that altercation as you described .   So those cops getting up there that fast and exchanging some fire, spooked/scared  him enough the end was near, to stop with the mass killing and  end his life at that point. 

I can understand that

ok so there was  call it 40 minutes of no shots as in he killed himself  perhaps soon after that altercation as you described .   So those cops getting up there that fast and exchanging some fire, spooked/scared  him enough the end was near, to stop with the mass killing and  end his life at that point. 

I can understand that

I wonder what the cops would have done had he continued to shoot at the crowd, of course it's possible he stopped because most of his targets had scattered by then? There were reports that he had cameras in the hallway to let him know what's out there by the way.