Vice.com article about sports betting

joeybagadonuts

Interesting read.

It amazes me that the US Federal Government has not figured out sports betting is an easy money grab. Look at proline in Canada, it offers -144 odds at the very best, there are 3-5 options to choose from (you can't just pick a ML) and you have to parlay 3-6 teams. There is not an online book or real bookie in the world that offers worse odds than this yet Canadians still play.

websites like XXXXX,com and XXXXX.ag are more legitimate. They don’t run on old-fashioned credit because bettors actually use a debit or credit card to make a bet

Actually that is the opposite of legitimate from a legal standpoint. Not only is using US banking institutions the most heinous of offenses from Uncle Sam's point of view but you are also breaking Costa Rican laws by allowing the post-up funds to touch on Tico soil. This article is a joke, shame on it's author for making up lies to promote a D- book.

Interesting read.

It amazes me that the US Federal Government has not figured out sports betting is an easy money grab. Look at proline in Canada, it offers -144 odds at the very best, there are 3-5 options to choose from (you can't just pick a ML) and you have to parlay 3-6 teams. There is not an online book or real bookie in the world that offers worse odds than this yet Canadians still play.

Proline has its downsides but I don't think they move the line. a long time ago I read some website that aggregated the lines that had value and you could glean something like a 1% edge betting them on occasion. I remember some guy betting them on SBR going on and on about his professional gambling at them:smiley-laughing001:

Buyer beware with regulated sports betting IMO. To squares there's little difference between a shop offering sides at -140 and -110. If they still pull in action on -140 the other books will simply match. Mise o jeu in quebec has 80 cent lines and people play it all the time.