NYRABETS-Word of Warning

rdalert447

NYRA enacted a new policy in October 2017 in regards to Express Funding Deposits, without notifying their customers. If your bank cancels a deposit to NYRA, you will automatically be sent to Collections, without so much as an email or phone call, and your wagering account will be locked. It happened to me yesterday.

I made a series of small deposits between Oct 27 and 29. I guess my bank(TD) deemed them suspicious so they refused payment to NYRA on the final one($63). I was unaware of this, so was shocked when I tried to log on to my account, only to find it locked. Contacted NYRA, who immediately transferred me to collections. Their newly contracted collection company didn’t have any info on it, so I had to hang up and call NYRA again. I got a Team Leader on the phone, who told me there’s nothing she could do since their new policy requires the account to immediately go into collections. All along I was in front of a CVS and offered twice to Money Gram them the $63 plus whatever fees were involved. I was refused twice. So I sent an angry email to NYRA, that was finally answered late afternoon. It said I had to call the collection agency since “ a new resolution” was able to be worked out. I emailed NYRA back explaining how disgusted I was with them, and that I refused to deal with their collection agency since I was never notified of this change to my account. Again, I offered to Money Gram them the $63 plus any fees. Still waiting for an answer. I’ve finally given up on NYRA and will be looking elsewhere. Just wanted to put a “heads up” out here if anyone has their checking account linked to their NYRABETS account.

Update:

Looked at my bank account this morning and after ignoring my emails all day yesterday, NYRA withdrew the $63 from my checking account. No problem there. Then I noticed a $25 charge from PAYLIANCE, their new collections agency. Now, I’ve made it clear to NYRA over the last three days that I’m not happy they snuck these new terms into my account without notice, and that I want nothing to do with their collection agency, yet NYRA has apparently given them access to my checking account, without my permission or any notice. So that charge is getting disputed with my bank today. I expected there to be a fee from NYRA, but there’s no way I’m allowing a shady collection agency to withdraw money from my account without permission.

If anyone uses the EXPRESS FUNDING feature of their NYRABETS account, this is their contact page:

https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/about/contact-us

Simply ask them two questions:

1. If my bank declines a deposit, will I immediately be sent into collections without any notice?

2. If that happens will the collection agency be given access to my checking account without my permission?

They accept Money Gram and PayNearMe. Both were great additions. But the problem with both is they are deposit only. If you have a nice score and want to withdraw, you’d either have to go to one of the NYRA tracks or request a check to be mailed. The convenience of linking your checking account was really worth it, until they snuck all these changes through.

Update:

Looked at my bank account this morning and after ignoring my emails all day yesterday, NYRA withdrew the $63 from my checking account. No problem there. Then I noticed a $25 charge from PAYLIANCE, their new collections agency. Now, I’ve made it clear to NYRA over the last three days that I’m not happy they snuck these new terms into my account without notice, and that I want nothing to do with their collection agency, yet NYRA has apparently given them access to my checking account, without my permission or any notice. So that charge is getting disputed with my bank today. I expected there to be a fee from NYRA, but there’s no way I’m allowing a shady collection agency to withdraw money from my account without permission.

That sounds terrible.  I played with Nyra like 2 years ago just for their 1st time deposit bonus and didn't like their platform.  Glad i didn't stick around.  

Update II

Since my last update on Nov 3, I've emailed NYRA at least 6 times, asking why they gave this collection agency access to my checking account without my permission. All emails have gone unanswered. I've called at least 5 times. Each time I was told an Account Leader would call me back. No one has. I even tried their live chat on NYRABETS.COM. The customer service agent entered the chat, saw my concern, and left the chat without responding. It's beginning to feel like I'm dealing with an overseas sports book circa 2005. Beware.

• 3 weeks later...

Update III

My bank refunded me the $25 that Payliance withdrew from my checking account, concluding they did not have permission or authority to access the account. I'm sure the battle with Payliance isn't over, though. These shady collection agencies do not give up easily. I've emailed NYRA again, telling them I'm willing to send the fees directly to them if they wish. I still haven't heard back from my other combined 11 emails and calls, so this morning I made a complaint with the New York State Gaming Commission Office of the Inspector General. I only did that because I know if it happened to me, it's happening to other people.

If anyone hears of this happening to someone else, please direct them to this thread or to PM me. This is the website for the NYS GAMING COMMISION OIG, if anyone needs it to make a complaint:

https://www.gaming.ny.gov/gamingIG.php

• 4 months later...

Update IV

Surprisingly have not heard one thing from Payliance since disputing their charge. Have not heard one word from NYRA either, despite 11 attempts by me early on. My NYRABETS account has since been reactivated by them. I've left .07 cents in there and have been using the account for free replays only. That's the one thing they do right. Find it odd that the collections agency gave up so easily(thus far). It's like NYRA and Payliance knew they shouldn't be doing this stuff, and just want to pretend it never happened.

The happy by-product of this event is my discovering of Betamerica, thanks to Richsox. The thing I like best about them is you can choose to withdraw by check for free, the money comes out of your balance immediately and you receive it in the mail within 3-5 business days. Gives me a few days to savor a win without being able to lose it back in degen mode. Plus it's always cool to receive a check that says CHURCHILL DOWNS on it.

Update IV

Surprisingly have not heard one thing from Payliance since disputing their charge. Have not heard one word from NYRA either, despite 11 attempts by me early on. My NYRABETS account has since been reactivated by them. I've left .07 cents in there and have been using the account for free replays only. That's the one thing they do right. Find it odd that the collections agency gave up so easily(thus far). It's like NYRA and Payliance knew they shouldn't be doing this stuff, and just want to pretend it never happened.

The happy by-product of this event is my discovering of Betamerica, thanks to Richsox. The thing I like best about them is you can choose to withdraw by check for free, the money comes out of your balance immediately and you receive it in the mail within 3-5 business days. Gives me a few days to savor a win without being able to lose it back in degen mode. Plus it's always cool to receive a check that says CHURCHILL DOWNS on it.

Do you get the emails about the daymakers every Saturday at betamerica? Some people dont know about them but they are a great perk.  

Yes I do. Love it. Love the whole operation. Only thing I don't like is you can't watch a replay without first knowing the outcome of the race. I often bet a handful of races early in the morning, and don't get a chance to watch until later in the day.

I actually have an xpressbet acct just for that reason.   Their rebates, etc are terrible but its much easier to watch replays without seeing the result first.  

• 9 months later...